Saltwater tank question

bokhesh

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon tank is it safe to put:
Pair or clownfish
Midas blenny
Diamond goby
Pistol shrimp
Cardinal fish (maybe)
Or would this be too much livestock??
 
Can you tell us about your filtration (e.g., sump, hang-on filter, how much live rock, etc.) so that we can provide a better response? Good luck with your adventure!
 
Its an aio tank, I have a protein skimmer, media basket, uv sterilizer, innovative marine auqa gadget thingy, and filter sock. Id say about 10-15lbs of rock in it .
 
Hopefully others will chime in, but as long as you don't pick a large species of clownfish then that stocking sound about right.
 
Good stocking, I'd get a tinier goby.
Instead of ONE diamond goby, what about TWO or THREE tiger gobies or masked gobies? They are extremely tiny 1-2inch and they group up, very peaceful.
Full disclosure, haven't tried them yet but they are on my stock list!
 
Last edited:
I agree it sounds like a good list but I would replace the diamond with one of the gobies that form a symbiotic relationship with the shrimp. It seems that the yellow watchman goby is one of the most popular. If you are stuck on the diamond watchman goby, wait five months until the sandbed can meet it’s dietary needs. I do love my diamond watchman goby.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new