Saltwater testing

  • Thread starter Thread starter ray72484
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ray72484

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Location
New Orleans, Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an API multi test kit. I test and everything seems good. I brought my water to an LFS around me and he said that my nitrites are a little high. He was using a Tunze tester. What would be the best type of test kits to buy. What do ya'll use.
 
I use hagen test kits. and also salifert if I get weird readout on my hagen to verify the result and if I am in a hurry i use the API reef master and saltwater basic test kits. All three are great but if you want to be exact I go with hagen and salifert.
 
I'm switching to the Hanna Instruments testers for the parameters they offer such as calcium, alkalinity, and nitrites. Much easier than counting a ton of drops and comparing colors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new