SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That is the only potential downside I see with the whole tank! I looked into fusion 360 to start learning and hopefully be able to build a file for filter floss holders and refugium basket to be able to 3D print.
On the plus side the spinner pieces come apart very easily to allow for regular cleaning

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1_K8WeerXX-aMy-uIHnCfosA.jpeg

It appears I might be getting an unexpected 3 week (or more) unpaid vacation. 5 out of 6 of the world's active nuclear reactors that produce the medical isotope used in my profession are currently offline. We are in for a bumpy ride folks.

No idea what this means for us but it's going to greatly limit my spending on the tanks and new projects are going to need to be put on hold.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1_K8WeerXX-aMy-uIHnCfosA.jpeg

It appears I might be getting an unexpected 3 week (or more) unpaid vacation. 5 out of 6 of the world's active nuclear reactors that produce the medical isotope used in my profession are currently offline. We are in for a bumpy ride folks.

No idea what this means for us but it's going to greatly limit my spending on the tanks and new projects are going to need to be put on hold.
That's not something I was expecting to read today. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering removing the sand and crushed coral from the 62g tank and turning it into a bare bottom and letting the cyphastrea just take over the bottom....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! I sent him an email about getting a set after I saw your post!!

I will say... he's just one guy and this is still a side business. He is really good and great to work with but just realize it's not a big box store with stuff just sitting on the shelf... I love supporting the small reefing business though

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say... he's just one guy and this is still a side business. He is really good and great to work with but just realize it's not a big box store with stuff just sitting on the shelf... I love supporting the small reefing business though
For sure! I just ordered a set!

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221126_100234.jpg

The boys and I have decided we regret having the tanks hidden away in my bedroom. At the time it made the most sense with the space we had available, but we feel like we don't have the chance to share them with each other and with friends the way we want to. Now that we have the new couch and more available space in the living room I think we are going to try to find a way to get them back in the shared spaces of the house.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a no tanks in the bedroom policy. Except for now because that's where the 120 fits till we put it into action.

The realization hit this week the most when there are family and cousins around for Thanksgiving but no way to really share anything

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The realization hit this week the most when there are family and cousins around for Thanksgiving but no way to really share anything
It could be like hanging out in the dorms again, everyone just sitting on the bed in their outside clothes.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be like hanging out in the dorms again, everyone just sitting on the bed in their outside clothes.

Except for the fact that it never fails that part of "getting the house ready for company" involves every one tossing all the random clutter into moms room and shutting the door

Lagoon reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my filter cups from rhinos reef today. He of course made them perfectly ME!

They fit great and are already working like a charm

@OutColdCoral @gtownrsx

20221125_165920.jpg
20221125_165351.jpg
20221125_165356.jpg
20221125_165642.jpg

They look great!! I'm going to put in an order! mine won't be so cool with the uv text lol!

your setup is looking so good btw! I need to update my thread soon lol

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of you already know my story from the beginning of this build thread....Clayton was always the aquarist in the family. We didn't start our reefing journey until after his death. Keeping his fish and continuing this hobby has been our single most important continued tangible connection to Clayton over the years. I still have things from his aquariums that I keep in my current tanks. This is a hobby that we really want to continue and we really want to do right. Our dream is to finally put together everything we've learned (from success and failures) into a forever tank in the living room that can truly be a part of Clayton's legacy. Our therapist has suggested allowing ourselves to journal the progress and open up a gofundme or other fundraising effort to make this goal happen. It's something that I've never done before or even considered and i honestly have a lot of conflicting thoughts about it. I'm curious to hear others opinions of the idea...

IMG_20221126_124818_105.jpg

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of you already know my story from the beginning of this build thread....Clayton was always the aquarist in the family. We didn't start our reefing journey until after his death. Keeping his fish and continuing this hobby has been our single most important continued tangible connection to Clayton over the years. I still have things from his aquariums that I keep in my current tanks. This is a hobby that we really want to continue and we really want to do right. Our dream is to finally put together everything we've learned (from success and failures) into a forever tank in the living room that can truly be a part of Clayton's legacy. Our therapist has suggested allowing ourselves to journal the progress and open up a gofundme or other fundraising effort to make this goal happen. It's something that I've never done before or even considered and i honestly have a lot of conflicting thoughts about it. I'm curious to hear others opinions of the idea...

IMG_20221126_124818_105.jpg
This is amazing !!!

and why I chose to follow your build . It takes a very strong family to hold together and do what reminds them of such a tragic loss .

I agree with journal Entries not only to document the progress of each build but also for you and your family To have somewhere to write small entries about what’s on your mind whether it’s happy or not so much .

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back