OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed the control panel had to swap it around after removing it for the sump to fit threw removed the tablet it was useless. Also replaced the eb832 the old one failed its a common issue if this one goes bad will go the the ghl controll. I do not have good faith in neptune products they are made very very cheaply

20210603_193553.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used 36 reefbrite xho it's amazing it really adds a ton of color over the radion kessil combo I have I really did not expect it to be so night and day in the next few weeks will be adding the new xseries to my tank
Screenshot_20210603-194816_Chrome.jpg

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed the control panel had to swap it around after removing it for the sump to fit threw removed the tablet it was useless. Also replaced the eb832 the old one failed its a common issue if this one goes bad will go the the ghl controll. I do not have good faith in neptune products they are made very very cheaply

20210603_193553.jpg
I hear you on Neptune’s quality. It partially what drove me to GHL.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started with the auto feeder that is so loud I couldn't stand it. I took it apart and still cannot figure out why it went bad all electrical connections and wiring is perfect even when tested. Almost as if programmed to break lol. Then over the course of a year one by one each socket on the eb832 stopped working. And of course was about a month out of warranty lol. I let it go for almost 6 months before I bought a new one out of anger lol.

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the auto feeder was STUPID loud. Had two power bar failures and went through three displays and a head unit. Then Neptune released the 2016 and made none of the new gear backwards compatible that was the last straw for me.

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ehiem is what I run as well now. Been looking at the Avast plank though for something more controllable. I’ve been really happy with ghl. Programming with logic gates took some getting used too but other than that it’s been great.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats good to hear i have not really been that happy with the apex since i got it. if the wifi goes down the unit has to be rebooted even though i have it hard wired to the router just miner things i cant stand. the hydros looks good to

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wifi has been rock solid with ghl. The only connection issues with ghl equipment I’ve had has been getting the standalone doser connected to myghl. It really isn’t that big of an issue since I run it in slave mode off of the p4. After dealing with the apex I wanted my doser, etc to be able to take over in case anything ever went wrong with the p4.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last year tank has had many ups and downs and I think I nailed it down to a faulty skimmer controller so I upgraded from the octo elite 200 to a bubble king 200. This thing so far is amazing. I'm running it at 30 watts and it's pulling better than the octo. I was never fully happy with the octo.
20220928_132203.jpg
20220928_132203.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer is still working like a dream. Tank had green hair algea for months could not figure it out, would scrub the rock and would keep coming back. Changed all filters on rodi did less feedings and still would not budge. Took my algea turf scrubber offline and scrubbed all rock. Been 2 months no algea. Idk why but I feel the scrubber was seeding the tank. I'm glad it's gone I really hated the thing.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added way more rock tried the negative space idea was in my opinion not enough rock to keep a healthy tank. Took a picture before lights out looks way better will take a day time photo latter today
20230118_220150.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back