OP
saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots, nice tank. Do use any filters under the actinic lighting? Adjust your white balance?

Those are auto Wb right from the camera.
Ai sol and current orbit.
I haven't found a good actinic filter yet. But the deal with those are it pure 420 to 460nm. From the light a filter is only really going to pull enough blue down to let the camera expose. They still come out cartoonish I think is the description. The best actinic shots are lucky wb or adjust the lights.

And thanks for all the compliments y'all.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the real camera back out, trying to cure my L.A.R.S.
Camera is Lumix G1, Lens is 1968 55mm Mc macro Q Rokkor f3.5
P1260533.jpg

P1260431.jpg

P1260522.jpg

zero crop on these btw. Got lucky. Happy fish, patience.
I loved my G1 Have just upgraded to GX8 and getting to know it. Have been lazy and using IPhone mostly but will start using it once familiar. I have a Rokkor 40 mm F2 off my Minolta CLE rangefinder which I have used extensively on the G1 and will use on the GX8 as well. Not a Macro though.
Your pics are amazing considering you manually focussed with the Rokor . Not sure if everyone here appreciates what skill that takes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my G1 Have just upgraded to GX8 and getting to know it. Have been lazy and using IPhone mostly but will start using it once familiar. I have a Rokkor 40 mm F2 off my Minolta CLE rangefinder which I have used extensively on the G1 and will use on the GX8 as well. Not a Macro though.
Your pics are amazing considering you manually focussed with the Rokor . Not sure if everyone here appreciates what skill that takes.
Mmmmmmmmmm Minolta. Most don't know but it's easy to research. Minolta made the glass for Leica for a long time.

DT Prime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots man, awesome composition, waiting for my tank to grow up so I have something besides close ups to shoot :) Getting into reefing got me into photography lickity split, agree that manual/eyepiece is the way to go! Definitely not easy but so rewarding when you get the shot.

Keep 'em coming!

OP
OP
saltyfilmfolks

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots man, awesome composition, waiting for my tank to grow up so I have something besides close ups to shoot :) Getting into reefing got me into photography lickity split, agree that manual/eyepiece is the way to go! Definitely not easy but so rewarding when you get the shot.

Keep 'em coming!
dont be afraid to go wider. frame it to create the image. that's how you tell a story visually. and not just take a picture.
we like our tanks, it makes telling that story easier.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back