Saltys 40B Build

Might have to. I know 2.0 ppm took 4 weeks I can only imagine how long 8.0 ppm would take.

Put on the bright side this is an up to date picture of the tank

bb27f5a89c8d3ca8b291221bd99fc675.jpg
 
Yes I run them 24/7. 5am-8pm daylight and 8pm- moonlight. I did a phosphate test and it was .25 so the lights are off tonight b and tomorrow to try and fight it without adding anything to the tank during the cycle
 
I also agree with keeping the lights off. There is nothing in there that needs it and will only fuel algae. It's looking good though.
 
No skimmer necessary during cycle. However many do run them, but for no other reason than to break them in.
Seems you're at the peak of your cycle. Soon you'll see those numbers start to drop [emoji106]
 
Trust me. I've had way over 8.0 ammonia for 2 weeks. Only benefit is that all my baby snails are getting bigger in my other tank so my cc is dang near complete
 
I'd do a large water change before adding fish to bring the nitrates down a bit. High nitrates may not kill instantly, but the low water quality will stress them and make them ill, leading to death.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new