Same acan frag hasn't grown in a year

Mattyice008

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
646
Reaction score
95
Location
Gainesville, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this amazing 4 head frag of acans. I actually got it from the very first RareReef live sale waaay back at 3am in the morning, I found them on accident lol.

Anyway, I've had it for around a year now. It started out in my 75, and came with me to college and its in my Nuvo 16. I have kept chalices, acros, other acans, and most of the corals in the hobby. For some reason, this frag of acans has NEVER grown. It has always been the same size. I've had other acans of the same size triple, but this individual frag has stayed the same. Same with chalices and other hard corals. I've tried high light, low light, high flow or low flow, everything. I tried spot feeding for 2 months straight. Nothing lol.

Any ideas guys? oh, and lighting is LEDs. But again, I've had other acans grow from 1-3 heads to over 20.

I will upload pics tomorrow afternoon.
All parameters are ideal for a reef tank.
 
U< if it is sitting near high flow move it to a lower flow area and feed it every other day. acans love food and mine like food every other day....... anyway if that doesn't work trade them in for other ones, but if their to rare just deal with there growth rate. Hope I helped!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new