Looks friendly:
IMG_1205.JPEG IMG_1206.JPEG

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was Tung-oiling my kids new workbench and I had the windows open in the basement and the tank got too hot and had to put bags of ice in it to cool it off. So, I put a fan to help with the cooling and omg its really flattening out my heating curves.
IMG_1130.jpg
I am really surprised how much a 140mm fan will cool.
999D6ACB-8545-4E34-90C9-D1C12E219198.jpeg

Here is that high tech fan cooling system I mentioned ;) :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is that high tech fan cooling system I mentioned ;) :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
lol! that is precariously perched is even better!

Add carbon is fine, if you want. it will help to clean up toxins from stress. I never got a notification for this :(
Now that I think of it, I had 3 rbta, now I can find only one beat-up guy... I tried to take care of them; after the second one split they all bailed from their perch; I tried to get them to reattach in different spots. stuffed one down a hole in my rock; not too far; he used to like the hole. last I saw of him. I had 2 in the exile tank but I can only find one now.

so; I changed 20gallons of water tonight. careful with the alkalinity (I mixed Reef Crystals and IO to get to 9-ish alk; tank was around 8.4 and ended at 8.6.)

The water was pretty yellow so I am hoping the problem is just that I fell behind on the Water Changes...

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished my kid's 3D printed speed boat!
IMG_0121.JPEG IMG_0120.JPEG IMG_0208.JPEG IMG_0207.JPEG IMG_0247.JPEG
Will be putting the build video up on my YouTube eventually. Its really fast. But, I waterproofed the speed controller in some stuff that, I surmise, ate away the thermal glue between the cooling block so it would shut-down periodically to cool-off. The big plus was that I didn't burn anything out like I did in my first revision of the boat. I'll re-apply the paste and get back out on the water.
Is the printer big enough for a full sized one?

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my gosh I wish... - it hauls wrasse
currently editing the build video for the boat - will be posting it here when done: https://www.youtube.com/c/randomprojectswithsam

Its got an issue though; it only runs for about 10-30 seconds before shutting down. So there will be another video where I fix that. I think I know what it is. Haven't messed with it because I'm so far behind in editing... no new projects... unless they're for the fish ;)

I'm currently trying to design a Riva Aquarama to print... I built a Bass-wood model years ago from scratch from a few plans I found online and blew up large enough - will shoot a pic.

technically, I could make one of those plywood size CNCs and cutout all the wood parts to make a single-seater electric.... that would be badwrasse!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I stopped because I cut all the ribs by hand (printed plan onto sticky paper then transferred to wood) and the boat wasn't symmetrical (hard to notice though,) plus its a cool shelf-piece as-is.

Attachments

• IMG_1226.JPEG
    IMG_1226.JPEG
    224.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1225.JPEG
    IMG_1225.JPEG
    199.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1224.JPEG
    IMG_1224.JPEG
    241.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1223.JPEG
    IMG_1223.JPEG
    255.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1222.JPEG
    IMG_1222.JPEG
    223.6 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Though I was planning to instead, make a giant 4-axis foam cutting cnc using super cheap linear rails and 3D-printed bearings to cutout foam shapes; like a boat or an airfoil, then I could fiberglass it and voila... so many projects....

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my gosh I wish... - it hauls wrasse
currently editing the build video for the boat - will be posting it here when done: https://www.youtube.com/c/randomprojectswithsam

Its got an issue though; it only runs for about 10-30 seconds before shutting down. So there will be another video where I fix that. I think I know what it is. Haven't messed with it because I'm so far behind in editing... no new projects... unless they're for the fish ;)

I'm currently trying to design a Riva Aquarama to print... I built a Bass-wood model years ago from scratch from a few plans I found online and blew up large enough - will shoot a pic.

technically, I could make one of those plywood size CNCs and cutout all the wood parts to make a single-seater electric.... that would be badwrasse!
On my list to build is a probably 22 foot wood runabout. want to make it my work commuter too. A cnc one would be fun. Could make a kid sized one too.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long do we get until wrasse becomes censored? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 49 34.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back