OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congrats Sam!!! Im excited for you and can’t wait to see all the cool new things you start creating and selling. :star-struck:
Thanks! I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile and cannot thank my wife enough for green-lighting it!
Cant wait to get more designs up!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice with the site, should add 4" sock holders also.
Will do! I'll be posting a ton more products I cook up.

just getting the manufacturing space all setup.

IMG_2098(1).jpg IMG_2101.JPEG IMG_2104.JPEG IMG_2105.JPEG
IMG_2123.JPEG
one more Ender and I'll have my starting equipment. The cnc will go under the table (pull out drawer or cart on casters)
dust collection behind the file cabinet. Can even setup ventilation so I can start doing ABS.
I have 3 knock-off all metal hot-ends coming for the Enders today because they're unreliable PETG slingers without.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2123.JPEG
one more Ender and I'll have my starting equipment. The cnc will go under the table (pull out drawer or cart on casters)
dust collection behind the file cabinet. Can even setup ventilation so I can start doing ABS.
I have 3 knock-off all metal hot-ends coming for the Enders today because they're unreliable PETG slingers without.
I did some research on the enders, my brother has a souped up v3, which is running full tilt most of the time. I need to breakdown and buy one myself. I can handle the rendering as I learned solidworks and autocad a billion years ago, just need to buy the hardware.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you have a Microcenter near you they're doing a $100 off on ender promotion to new customers... $100/printer is a really good deal; in-part its what really green-lighted my venture. Ive gotten a few people to get me the coupons then I talk a good game when I go to pick them up.

Yes! get one if you know Solidworks and Autocad you'll get along just great.
Fusion360 easy to pickup with good background. Solidworks alittle expensive to just mess around with...

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have a Microcenter near you they're doing a $100 off on ender promotion to new customers... $100/printer is a really good deal; in-part its what really green-lighted my venture. Ive gotten a few people to get me the coupons then I talk a good game when I go to pick them up.
They let you stagger the coupons? Nice if so. We have ONE microcenter in So. Cal about a 1/2 hour from me and it's bleh, customer service and offerings.

We are a electronic wasteland since Fry's Electronics died, you have to Amazon everything now :(. Had to build my first PC with Newegg and Amazon components, total blah experience.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They let you stagger the coupons? Nice if so. We have ONE microcenter in So. Cal about a 1/2 hour from me and it's bleh, customer service and offerings.

We are a electronic wasteland since Fry's Electronics died, you have to Amazon everything now :(. Had to build my first PC with Newegg and Amazon components, total blah experience.
doh! I liked NewEgg 15 years ago (wow im old)... don't know about it now though.
I recently built my current PC all from Microcenter; what a great experience. really knowledgeable staff.
yes, they turned a blind eye to it (one person picking up multipole printers) I didn't get them all at once at least.

besides, you need a cell phone and an email they don't have in their system to get the coupon so If you have the barcode they'll listen to a story. At least they did here. :)

thanks @tbrown3589 for hooking me up with a coupon!

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doh! I liked NewEgg 15 years ago (wow im old)... don't know about it now though.
I recently built my current PC all from Microcenter; what a great experience. really knowledgeable staff.
yes, they turned a blind eye to it (one person picking up multipole printers) I didn't get them all at once at least.

besides, you need a cell phone and an email they don't have in their system to get the coupon so If you have the barcode they'll listen to a story. At least they did here. :)

thanks @tbrown3589 for hooking me up with a coupon!
I used to do it for deals on ram for a time when I built PC's when I lived in CO. The usual limit 1 stuff, a few different email accts for the deal and hit up a few stores (stores weren't linked in those days) and voila, lots of ram for a great deal!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking good, I hope that angel stays like that for a while (keeps colors)
Thanks! I hope so too! I am supplementing with Selcon and Angelelixer. Timmy had HLLE around his eyes and thats disappearing now.
I feed them a ton. at least 3 sheets of Nori daily; at least 9 of my mini cubes that I made from whole foods seaood medley and a bunch of other stuff. and then at least a 2 inch square chunk of spirulina brine shrimp.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2123.JPEG
@tbrown3589 Tim look. Sam has 4 now, soon to be 5! When's yours coming?

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I love your tank, Sam!

Also, your website and workshop is really coming together!
Thanks! I sometimes wished I did a 6' 120 instead of the 4'er but having the height makes it such a dynamic place for the fish and rockscape. It stinks because it means I'll have to go 300 for an upgrade to get similar in a 6' footprint!

Thanks! really burning the midnight oil on all this. I feel Like I'm 4 years behind already!

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just released a properly sized sand frag holder on Thingiverse... its the version 4

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back