Sam's Oceanic 120 - DIY solutions

Go Red Sox!! :face-in-clouds:
Youre Wrong The West Wing GIF
 
so I've been unhappy with my skimmer performance since I cleaned it awhile back and I thought it was because it needed to re-break in....
I took it apart earlier and found the air line was clogged. Waaaaay more bubbles now and the recirc. CO2 scrubber will be in-use again. Cant wait to see the pH in a little... I think it was around noon I redid it (the little trough mid-way up).

1695073054574.png
 
so I've been unhappy with my skimmer performance since I cleaned it awhile back and I thought it was because it needed to re-break in....
I took it apart earlier and found the air line was clogged. Waaaaay more bubbles now and the recirc. CO2 scrubber will be in-use again. Cant wait to see the pH in a little... I think it was around noon I redid it (the little trough mid-way up).

1695073054574.png
At least you didn’t install it upside down
 
yep. they were at 1.020 in the bags so acclimation was easy. I ordered the canary through Petco because I've wanted one since the last passed. The Sharknose was a bonus because he was still in the bag and because the frag tank needs a cleaner. I went straight to the frag tank with them because they're straight from ORA.
I've already had to get the canary out of the filter...
 
N then the sump under shelf "lft hand bottom corner of pic" 120 under new tank... ;) :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new