Sand in plumbing risk?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im talking about your homes plumbing, not the tanks.

I know when we do water change and syphon the sandbed, some sand inevitably gets sucked out and end up in our bucket/waste drain.

For me, i dump the bucket in the toilet but I try to be very careful to not pour the sand in. But, some small portion does go thru and end up flushed down.

So my question is, unlike organic matters, sand doesn't break down. Whats the risk that these long term accumulation of the small bits of sand that gets into yiur pipes causing problems and how do you mitigate this risk in your home? I live in an apartment building so "pouring it out the back yard/storm drain" is not an option.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you do like the rest of us veterans and throw all waste water in your neighbors yard at Midnight

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

OP
OP
D

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you do like the rest of us veterans and throw all waste water in your neighbors yard at Midnight

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF
I'm on the 7th floor of a condo. Would have to break into my neighbors home and pour it down their toilet instead....

But even so if its the main building pipe that gets clogged it'll still cost me $$ for repair.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back