Sand recommendations

S.SReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2024
Messages
57
Reaction score
91
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey!

So I've got a 90litre. Set it up currently letting the rock cycle.

The sand I got caribsea pink fiji. I really want a pistol shrimp but this sand LOOKS too fine! It's created little mini sand storms in my tank, I haven't yet got a wavemakers. sand would you recommend?? Perfect for pistol shrimps
 
They will make it work. I have crushed coral and the goby will come out and hunt down empty shells for the shrimp. Keep some extra shells around and the shrimp will use them as supports.
 
They will make it work. I have crushed coral and the goby will come out and hunt down empty shells for the shrimp. Keep some extra shells around and the shrimp will use them as supports.
Thank you, it did work. The pistol shrimp and Goby are forever digging several tunnels a day
 
cheers! enjoy, I find it very fascinating to watch them front time to time, there’s a new tunnel/entrance every time
Yes... watching them eat together too is even more fun. I've only got them currently in my tank and it's quite comical watching th pistol trying to catch the food
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new