Sandbeds; adding more sand.

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJreefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AJreefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
227
Reaction score
3
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a Deep Sand bed Calculator to approximate how much Tropic Eden sand I would need for my 40 Breeder. I would like to add a heavier grain to get a nice Deep blend in the tank bringing the depth to five inches. I was going to add the sand very slowly over the course of a week or two to prevent any swings in parmeters. Is it necessary to be this cautious?
 
I have always just added the sand all at once if I want a deeper sand bed. Just clean the sand real good and try to get as much dust out of it as possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new