SaraB's 183G Rimless AGE Downgrade ;-)

Thanks Paul! The Chevron is nice and small so I should have several years of nice coloration!
 
I love seeing updates of your build. The cleanliness of everything warms my heart. Seriouly, I am alwasy trying to clean up my equipment and plumbing.
 
Great build thread Sara....love the rockscaping and fish selection. I also recently found Gary and your Reefthread podcast (plug) and have been entertained thoroughly..keep up the great work !
 
Last edited:
I love seeing updates of your build. The cleanliness of everything warms my heart. Seriouly, I am alwasy trying to clean up my equipment and plumbing.

Thanks. I still have some cleaning to do in the fishroom and then I'll show a *** (Full Fishromm Shot) ;) I'm also loving the more simplistic plumbing ... keeping it simple is such a good idea!


Great build thread Sara....love the rockscaping and fish selection. I also recently found Gary and your Reefthread podcast (plug) and have been entertained throroughly..keep up the great work !

Thank you! Glad you are enjoying the podcasts and feel free to provide any feedback you may have!
 
Little update while I'm on vacation and have a few moments to spare before beach time.

The Marginalis had decided after a week of picking at my rocks in the display that my acan collection was delicious. I quickly removed all the acans from the display and within an hour it was picking around the new clams shell. It then ate prepared food and lights out. The next day it was going full bore on the clam, so the fish was netted out and placed in my 45G cube until I decided what to do with it. I "persuaded" Gary to give it a try in his NPS tank since he really likes butterfly fish, so that is where it went last night. Hopefully it adapts quickly to another tank and enjoys the flood of food it will get!

I also was quite worried about 2 of the new potters wrasses. The large male pictured above was out right away, but the 2 small females remained hidden for well over a week and I was worried that they were goners. Luckily both appeard within a day of each other and they now are out daily and great eaters!
 
Bump!! :d
 
Just read your thread love the downgrade haha looks really good with the deeper tank
 
Looking forward to an update, can you share some details about these podcasts, did I miss it?
 
Beyond that door is my fishroom ... now I just need to pick up a bit, sweep and mop the floors before I show it to you all.

I could also finish up my waterchange with the garden hose running from it to my sump pit ... or scrape the glass of my tank ;) Decisions, decisions!

FishroomDoor.jpg
 
Beyond that door is my fishroom ... now I just need to pick up a bit, sweep and mop the floors before I show it to you all.

I could also finish up my waterchange with the garden hose running from it to my sump pit ... or scrape the glass of my tank ;) Decisions, decisions!

FishroomDoor.jpg

Or just possibly you could give it to us in the raw (dirty) then clean haha it's not like that isn't truly the real side of reefing haha  it'd be a good before and after
 
Gary Parr and I do weekly podcast on reefing topics mostly based on current threads from various reefing sites along with a noteworthy tank. We just recorded Podcast #40 today. You can find us at www.reefthreads.com

Cool, thanks for the link Sara. I will check it out for sure.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new