Sarah's 5g SPS pico

Time for my October update! Long story short: algae did not die off. Ugh.

Main updates:
1. All of my snails died, as did the emerald crab I added. I'm not sure what happened to be honest. All my SPS are fine and growing (some slower than others), so not sure what could have killed the others and my SPS be ok...
2. I've started turning up the intensity of the lights, and the corals seem to be happy about that. I've noticed increased growth since I started that. Will continue to inch the white lights up over time.
3. Algae keeps getting worse, likely due to 1 and 2. I don't know what to do about that... suggestions are welcome.

Here's an updated shot of the same orange setosa I documented in July to give you an idea of the growth:
PSX_20201003_194251.jpg
 
Following along love the minimalist scape working on a 5 gallon pico sps dominated tank too
 
whats your light preset?
 
Any updates on your tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new