Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holy heck!!That is amazing!
It really is. It's so cool to watch how it grows with the green protien infection causing the grafted look!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vivids Confetti is special!

Vivids Confetti-2.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to pics Are u a Bubba disciple ?
what size tiles are they also?

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to pics Are u a Bubba disciple ?
what size tiles are they also?
LOL, I love Bubba's picture, and can only hope to be in his league some day, but I believe in showing the corals in daylight and making sure the pictures are as true to my eyes as possible instead of shooting in blue light with orange filters and tons of post processing. The tiles are 3" x3", but I am switching to 4" x 4" as the grow out colonies need more space already!

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I love Bubba's picture, and can only hope to be in his league some day, but I believe in showing the corals in daylight and making sure the pictures are as true to my eyes as possible instead of shooting in blue light with orange filters and tons of post processing. The tiles are 3" x3", but I am switching to 4" x 4" as the grow out colonies need more space already!
Hey! Are you saying I use filters and shoot under blue and use lots of post processing? Lol

I don’t shoot under blue or with filters.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Are you saying I use filters and shoot under blue and use lots of post processing? Lol

I don’t shoot under blue or with filters.
Nope - saying the opposite. I love the way your pictures look so natural! I should have phrased that better. Punctuation does matter :) Should've said - I love Bubba's pictures, and can only hope to be in his league some day. I believe in showing the corals in daylight and making sure the pictures are as true to my eyes as possible instead of shooting in blue light with orange filters and tons of post processing. -Two seprate sentences...

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope - saying the opposite. I love the way your pictures look so natural! I should have phrased that better. Punctuation does matter :) Should've said - I love Bubba's pictures, and can only hope to be in his league some day. I believe in showing the corals in daylight and making sure the pictures are as true to my eyes as possible instead of shooting in blue light with orange filters and tons of post processing. -Two seprate sentences...
Your pictures are great! Very accurate and if you sell corals people know exactly what to expect.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this piece too. I almost lost it when it came in from Battle Corals, but it pulled through and is doing great now. BC I Can't Believe We Have to Meld With Other Demons. I love the plumb colored polyps!

In my display tank
BC I can't believe we have to meld with other demons.jpg

In my Grow Out Tank
BC I Can't Believe We Have To Meld With Other Demons-2.jpg

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SawCJacsawc

Good evening.
I just read your build thread from top to bottom. Truly a work of art. You have done an amazing job with your reef.

Mind if I ask you a question or two?

I will be starting my new build soon. Hope to get started in January.

I have a 5ft long x 30inch deep x 24inch wide 180 gallon display tank that will be SPS dominate.

I have 4 Neptune Wav pumps that I plan on having on the back wall.
I have 2 gyres (fx150) that will be on the sides facing each other. I will be replacing then with the 300 series in the future.
I also have a Tunze Stream 3 but I don't know where in the tank it's going to go yet.

You are the only person I've run across that has a similar tank with similar flow equipment.

Where do you have your Wav's? I know they are on the back wall but where on the back wall are they?

How do you avoid sandstorms?
Would it be too much to ask for a pic of how you have the Wav pumps mounted?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SawCJack00
Autocorrect can be a pain in the ...

Good evening.
I just read your build thread from top to bottom. Truly a work of art. You have done an amazing job with your reef.

I have a 5ft long x 30inch deep x 24inch wide 180 gallon display tank that will be SPS dominate.

I have 2 gyres (fx150) that will be on the sides facing each other. I will be replacing then with the 300 series in the future.
I also have a Tunze Stream 3 but I don't know where in the tank it's going to go yet.

You are the only person I've run across that has a similar tank with similar flow equipment.

Where do you have your Wav's? I know they are on the back wall but where on the back wall are they?

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SawCJack00
Autocorrect can be a pain in the ...

Good evening.

Good morning, thank you for the kind words, and I appologize for the delayed response. I will try to take some pics in the next day or so to show you how I have the Wav's mounted. 2 of the 5 are on the back wall, and 2 are on the left side with one on the right side.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, thank you for the kind words, and I appologize for the delayed response. I will try to take some pics in the next day or so to show you how I have the Wav's mounted. 2 of the 5 are on the back wall, and 2 are on the left side with one on the right side.

Happy new year to you!

Thank you.
You are the only person I've seen that has as much flow as I'm planning to have.

You have your Wav's up to 100%?
You don't have sandstorms?

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy new year to you!

Thank you.
You are the only person I've seen that has as much flow as I'm planning to have.

You have your Wav's up to 100%?
You don't have sandstorms?
The Wav's run on a crazy random pattern that I made myself. The sand I used is Caribsea Special reef and is a larger grain sand so it doesn't really blow around much. My Bella Gobies on the other move it around signifigantly :)

1577901275709.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back