**SBB**- $1,500 Games, Giftcards, Prizes- by codybot-Football Party!!!! 750 WYSIWYG +150 Auctions!!!- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks again shane, Everything came in super happy and healthy. Loving the Tiger King. I think it may be my new favorite torch.
PXL_20230223_204105788.jpg
awsome we love seeing the pictue that tiger was huge LOL!!!!! glad you like it

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Please we need some fire fire. Hows the recovering strains you lost going? What do you have left besides the strats and reverse strats?
ehh they are not going great TBO it will be a long time before we have alot of the old zoas back unfortintly

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ok..lol. I happened to be grabbing something next to my sump and saw these hidden in a chamber. Delivered Wednesday..just found. They both had PE in the bag. We shall see..they look fine. Put in lower light and will hope for the best..jeeeze.

20230224_101151.jpg
20230224_101158.jpg
oh wow you got so many LOL hard to keep track of them all. they will live they loko great with PE

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for everybody. I was looking around the tank and found an Aiptasia growing under a little Zoa colony. First time I’ve noticed it. Will Hydrogen Peroxide kill Aiptasia. It’s on a small rock and I was thinking of just dipping it in H2O2 to try and knock it out.

33B37C38-172D-4A76-943B-E8D2060063FF.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Question for everybody. I was looking around the tank and found an Aiptasia growing under a little Zoa colony. First time I’ve noticed it. Will Hydrogen Peroxide kill Aiptasia. It’s on a small rock and I was thinking of just dipping it in H2O2 to try and knock it out.

I think Lemon juice is the recommended solution. Or Kalk paste.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Lemon juice is the recommended solution. Or Kalk paste.
Not sure if I can get to its disc under the Zoa’s to inject anything. I know I can dip the entire rock in H2O2 without harming the Zoa’s but not sure if that will kill the Aiptasia.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Or take the rock out and cover it with superglue...less risky

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! The internet does come in handy for this hobby for sure. I've always felt that dipping stresses the coral enough so why not dip in its own water..which could be a no no to someone..who knows. Favorites is a tough one. I got 4 scooby doos with 2 of them for gifts. My favorite underrated SBB acro for sure. Shane and Ralph threw me a freebie of Sugar Daddy, red octane and an unknown which I haven't bought before. I'm glad I got them..they surprised me when I put them in the tank..beautiful color. After you @ryshark told me about the blood moon and I have seen @adsf430 mention it, I grabbed one. I should have grabbed one sooner! Very nice color...thank you for the suggestion. The bubble bobble, deadly catch, voltron and pink kitty look fantastic right out the box! Really looking forward to the white walkers coloring up and I know what the Tasty taffy does in my tank and that's why I bought more! The pink mango is another great one..looks like a darker version of Bubblegum which is one of my favorites. The ring pops are already nicely colored and I expect they will be stand outs in the next month or two. Cheshire Cat mini colony already has some interesting colors (light pinks also) that I feel are going to be wild in a short time. I also know what the tiger does in my tank and the pics on the sale don't show what it becomes..it's a banger. I've had
Plenty of SBB acros that have changed appearance in my tank and always for the better..the surprises always impress me the most. Anyways, sorry about the long answer but it's a question with varying answers.
I’m usually not one to talk about growth formations, but the blood moon is also unique. Will make a nice contrast from the others when it grows out.

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Or take the rock out and cover it with superglue...less risky
100% this. turn off all flow and pick rock up and take it out. try to pop off that zoa frag on top and then TRY to cut off the aptasia with a sharp razor. This works well when you do it under water but not in your tank. After your done over glue the area with super glue use a generous amount.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
100% this. turn off all flow and pick rock up and take it out. try to pop off that zoa frag on top and then TRY to cut off the aptasia with a sharp razor. This works well when you do it under water but not in your tank. After your done over glue the area with super glue use a generous amount.
This is what I did basically when I found a couple.

Removed the rock/frag, scraped the aiptasia from the frag and super glued over the area.

Injected the aiptasia on the rock with lemon juice and super glued over it. He was deep in the rock.

Haven't had anymore.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! Did you know that if you leave an Aiptasia in H2O2 long enough, it will melt like the Wicked Witch of the West. That was fun to watch. As you said, I popped the Zoa Frag off, made sure it was clean and found it a new rock in the tank. Put the rock with the Aiptasia in 100% H2O2. Jeez! It did not like that. Never realized how big a foot those things have buried down in the rock. It was still oozing out of that Little Rock After 30 minutes. Once it’s done, I’ll let that rock enjoy some nice Florida sunshine for a few weeks before I decide to use it again. The Aiptasia foot is where the bubbles are coming out of the rock. Another successful surgery. Sort of.

1677264469760.jpeg

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back