**SBB**- $1,500 Games, Giftcards, Prizes- by codybot-Football Party!!!! 750 WYSIWYG +150 Auctions!!!- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the Creature Mili and Cherrylicious. Green Goblin almost completely destroyed as well. Still has a little life in it. Probably won’t make it but I’ll leave it in for the moment. I was really looking forward to the Cherry :frowning-face:.
9624F31A-9ADE-4DAB-A25D-7655F5EB0635.jpeg
What are your numbers steve? Especially phos and nitrate

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna try a couple pin cushions. No way im getting my nutrients as low as yours. My bubble isnt crazy bad but it is annoying thats for sure. I have a bunch of big turbos already and they dont touch the stuff. My foxface hasnt yet either though he might have to go before he gets a chance to try it

I don’t bottom out which is interesting cuz I got a ton of bubble algae I sit around .07 Po4 and 16-20 No3
If the turbos don‘t appear to eat it, it may just be there is still too much of it there and they don’t have to work very hard at it. Another thing I forgot to mention is I run UV and a large skimmer 24/7, and change filter socks every two days.

If I were to pick the top things that seem to have done the trick, they would be light configuration, reduced feeding and urchins.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your numbers steve? Especially phos and nitrate
Haven't checked in a while, but in any case I know it was the stupid fish cause I’ve seen it in action. I know nutrient levels are probably pretty high because I’ve been using tap for water.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have two new fish coming in, they fit into the bubble algae conversation from earlier as well. I ordered both a rainford and a hector goby as I've heard both are good algae eaters. I'm going to try one in my display and one in the 10g frag tank. They are cheap and I like the prospects of them dealing with algae, but like emerald crabs I've heard it is hit or miss.

I'd second a springeri damsel.
Mine doesn't touch Bubble Algae but loves hair. I have a Hector's.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haven't checked in a while, but in any case I know it was the stupid fish cause I’ve seen it in action. I know nutrient levels are probably pretty high because I’ve been using tap for water.

I gotta see a picture of your faucets, we have to be able to come up with a way you can start running RODI water. I'm sure we have enough minds we could come up with something. You said your faucets are weird or different where you can't hook up to them? Was that right?

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta see a picture of your faucets, we have to be able to come up with a way you can start running RODI water. I'm sure we have enough minds we could come up with something. You said your faucets are weird or different where you can't hook up to them? Was that right?
I think it was devised you could tap off the shower....or buy distilled water at least. With all the money invested in the tank its risking it all with tap.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here’s the Creature Mili and Cherrylicious. Green Goblin almost completely destroyed as well. Still has a little life in it. Probably won’t make it but I’ll leave it in for the moment. I was really looking forward to the Cherry :frowning-face:.
9624F31A-9ADE-4DAB-A25D-7655F5EB0635.jpeg

I'm wondering if the frags aren't stressed due to something, and starting to have tissue issues, and that's why the damsels pick at 'em? That's what happened to a couple of my frags. Were fine, then started stressing/STN-ing a little, and one of my clowns would then start picking at it and finish it off like yours above. But my clown would do it over a few days. Yours seem like piranhas lol

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think it was devised you could tap off the shower....or buy distilled water at least. With all the money invested in the tank its risking it all with tap.

I was even thinking he could get some new lines that run to the faucet under the sink, put a sharkbite adapter with a 1/4 push connect for the RODI line and good. Just gotta see what he's working with to come up with a plan. I was also thinking just fill a tub or bucket with water, get a small pump, and pump it from buckets through the filters lol

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can anyone give me an idea why more people don't talk about or use this aquatic life RODI filter?

BRS had done one video on it, but you don't see much on it anywhere else. I think people are scared of the cheap price possibly. I've been using it since September and replaced all the filters at 3 months due to being on well water, could probably easily go 6, but just change as a preference.

Anyway, I get 0 TDS after the filters, and it seems to work excellent for me. Just wondering if there's something I missed with it and why it isn't more 'popular' lol

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can anyone give me an idea why more people don't talk about or use this aquatic life RODI filter?

BRS had done one video on it, but you don't see much on it anywhere else. I think people are scared of the cheap price possibly. I've been using it since September and replaced all the filters at 3 months due to being on well water, could probably easily go 6, but just change as a preference.

Anyway, I get 0 TDS after the filters, and it seems to work excellent for me. Just wondering if there's something I missed with it and why it isn't more 'popular' lol

I believe that the lack of customization since you have to use there filters is a drawback, very simple to always add an extra canister on a standard 10in RO/DI or change to different sediment, carbon blocks and DI resins.
I use a 150 gpd Buckeye Hydro Ro/Di setup that doesn't cost that much more than the one from Amazon.

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat fish but I think my clowns and blenny would become snacks when it reached full growth
Everything ive read about them online and in forums says they only get about 3” in captivity and they have a small mouth. The smaller fish in my tank are 5 clowns two blennys a royal gramma a clown goby a yellow goby a neon goby a rainford and 4 firefish. Hopefully i didnt just list a buffet menu! I’ll let you know how it goes lol. The ones i ordered are only 1.5” right now.

Last edited:

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you’re introducing contaminates from the tap water (like metals) and the damsels are just picking at dying flesh from the acros.
SBB takes 0-TDS to a new level by changing even the membrane every few months.

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat fish but I think my clowns and blenny would become snacks when it reached full growth
So are you looking for utilitarian fish, a colorful fish or an odd looking fish? For both utilitarian and odd maybe a cb aiptasia eating filefish or a Rainford goby. For color maybe a blue or purple tilefish.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah , shower head might work. It’s the most “normal”

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah , shower head might work. It’s the most “normal”
Can't you just tee off your plumbing underneath your sink? Should be pretty easy and what most people do for their RO systems. Unless you aren't allowed to? In which case your faucet even if it looks funny should screw off around the outlet and have a standard 3/4 fitting

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back