*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's a full house...

20230119_120606.jpg
20230119_120611.jpg
20230119_120619.jpg

joey-gladstone-full-house.gif
Hahahaha. I had the same issue last sale, so this time around, I turned my ATO off the night before so the waterline would be a little lower to allow for floating more bags. I also floated three bags in my quarantine tank.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The one in the center @Rennurdoar ?
Yup, that one!

And yeah, I really was at a low point after the SVE. I think what helped me through was the fish survived and some of the corals also. Everything is really starting to bounce back and look good. Just wish I could figure out my 0/0 No3/Po4 issue...

Also, that bumble bee frag makes me jealous! I'm hoping to get another if they're available again!

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does that include PolypLabs Reef Primer? I know it is a potassium salt. I have it and have only used it for corals that needed an iodine type dip, so I've used it twice when what I think was my cleaner shrimp destroying a blastos looking for food.
I just got straight potassium chloride and followed the 2 tablespoons per gallon for 10 minutes.

Screenshot_20230119_133924_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Boosterman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my package this morning and they've been in the tank for 3 hours and already with lots of PE!

SBB After Burner
SBB Honeycomb
SBB Tiger
SBB Rainbow Bright
SBB Volcano Millipora
SBB Royal Skywalker
SBB Cloud 9
SBB Dr Strange Torch

DSCF2833.JPG

DSCF2834.JPG

DSCF2835.JPG

DSCF2836.JPG

DSCF2837.JPG

Some corals from a previous SBB Sale.
DSCF2847.JPG

DSCF2848.JPG

DSCF2849.JPG

FTS!
DSCF2854.JPG

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Barn order on the same day? Christmas in January!

That driver must hate you LOL
They definitely know i have a fish tank lol. The Fed Ex driver hs a tank too so she’s super cool. But I was worried my BRS packages were gonna start showing up crushed since i placed i think it was 66 orders during the black friday sale lol.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just got my package this morning and they've been in the tank for 3 hours and already with lots of PE!

SBB After Burner
SBB Honeycomb
SBB Tiger
SBB Rainbow Bright
SBB Volcano Millipora
SBB Royal Skywalker
SBB Cloud 9
SBB Dr Strange Torch

DSCF2833.JPG

DSCF2834.JPG

DSCF2835.JPG

DSCF2836.JPG

DSCF2837.JPG

Some corals from a previous SBB Sale.
DSCF2847.JPG

DSCF2848.JPG

DSCF2849.JPG

FTS!
DSCF2854.JPG
Which one is the Skywalker. I have one coming next week and want to see what it looks like. Thanks

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yup, that one!

And yeah, I really was at a low point after the SVE. I think what helped me through was the fish survived and some of the corals also. Everything is really starting to bounce back and look good. Just wish I could figure out my 0/0 No3/Po4 issue...

Also, that bumble bee frag makes me jealous! I'm hoping to get another if they're available again!
I ran 0/0 for the last year. I feed heavy on coral foods. I used to do Red Sea AB+ daily and benepets daily with reef roids or some other powdered food rotated in (reef roids every seven days, Reef chili every four days, every 3rd day I do targeted goniopower, some days I'll do coral frenzy).

During this sale, per @billyocean 's suggestion, I dove into the thread from SBB on "high end tenuis hoarder". Seeing where Shane keeps his nutrients, I started dosing some NeoNiteo and switched to Aquavitro Fuel daily and more reef chili (every third day). I also did this because one of the corals I had started turning white at the base. I think it was starving, even though I dose stuff, I think persistent food in the water column was more necessary. It's stopped, not sure if it is shading, nutrients or something else. I'm actually going to put a light bar in at an angle to cover some of the lower branches, but to be honest I probably have overkill on lighting with two Noopsyche k7 pro v3s on my 32 gallon Fluval which is only 15" deep.

I will say, one wild acro I had which was growing beautifully started a rapid necrosis on the base. I think it liked near zero nutrients since that is closer to the ocean. I chopped it up into four frags and I'm hoping it makes it since it had great colors and was doing well over the last three months. My current nutrients are 7 nitrate and .03 phosphates.

This also goes back to the comment on how often do you test. I'm still playing around with having measurable nutrients, so trying to find that good balance, so for now testing a lot.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 89 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back