*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you change dips based on received goods? For example, I haven't had anything come off of SBB corals so far, still dip with CoralRX but I assume it has been lovingly tank grown for awhile so likelihood of pests is slim. I had a stomatella in the bag and dropped that right in the tank, been growing and great. For AquaSD wild stuff, I'm wondering if I should bump up from CoralRX.
Nope, for me everyone gets treated the same. I only order online from 4 vendors and I pretty much trust all 4 of them but I still dip them the same as I would anyone else.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few but my Melanurus Wrasse snacked on them lol
I have a ton of limpets in my sump, to the point where when cleaning my skimmer cup I end up washing about 10 to 20 of them down the drain, but oddly none in my display. I strongly suspect my Melanurus has something to do with that.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was nervous to use it at first too, but apparently, as I understand it, it attacks the central nervous system, which corals don’t have so it is safe to use. I found several vendors who recommend and use it themselves.
But you have a central nervous system!
I used to use revive, which I never had an issue. Lately, I’ve been using reef primer, which I think is potassium salts.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's here! She's so excited!
20230119_114555-COLLAGE.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you have a central nervous system!
I used to use revive, which I never had an issue. Lately, I’ve been using reef primer, which I think is potassium salts.
Yes but I am careful not to ingest it. I admittedly don’t wear gloves but I don’t even come in contact with the dip solution. I don’t know if skin contact would matter anyway. In this hobby Bayer is not even close to the chemical that concerns me the most. Thanks to this hobby I can say from experience that lye and hydrochloric acid both burn when you get them on your skin.

So far I’ve been fine using Bayer, but I completely understand and respect why some people would choose not to use it.
season 9 poison GIF

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice for the care of the SBB Slush Puppy nub I got? Was not planning on a Speciosa but could not pass on it....
Never kept one before, anything special compared to Tenius etc.. so far seems very happy.
20230119_120241.jpg

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Any advice for the care of the SBB Slush Puppy nub I got? Was not planning on a Speciosa but could not pass on it....
Never kept one before, anything special compared to Tenius etc.. so far seems very happy.
20230119_120241.jpg

nice photo Winner winner thanks for being active in this thread. Please message us for your $25 GC

winner GIF

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm switching to potassium chloride.
Does that include PolypLabs Reef Primer? I know it is a potassium salt. I have it and have only used it for corals that needed an iodine type dip, so I've used it twice when what I think was my cleaner shrimp destroying a blastos looking for food.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of limpets in my sump, to the point where when cleaning my skimmer cup I end up washing about 10 to 20 of them down the drain, but oddly none in my display. I strongly suspect my Melanurus has something to do with that.
I have thousands of limpets literally everywhere. They keep my tank pretty squeaky clean though!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back