***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just going to throw this one back out there if you want to make a sticker.
P_20230520_083419.jpg

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
It would be cool if some signature corals came with a small sticker of the coral..not the exact one but a general shot/pic. Probably a PIA though.
We have a sticker of the lock jaw being developed

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be cool if some signature corals came with a small sticker of the coral..not the exact one but a general shot/pic. Probably a PIA though.
100% agree. I’m not generally a sticker guy but this idea sells. If you paid an artist or something to design stickers based around say your top 5 signature corals or so, that adds hype to them and sort of immortalizes them in a way. Throwing in that sticker with the coral purchase, makes it feel more collectible and special. Even though it’s just a goofy little sticker, I think it makes people feel like they are part of a special club. This isn’t just a Goni, it’s an “SBB Care Bears Goni” and I’m one of the few cool kids that has one.

Not that you need any help selling coral and not that we need any more FOMO, but I think that’s a great idea.

Crap, we probably shouldn’t be giving out marketing tips to our dealer that has control over our bank accounts lol

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
100% agree. I’m not generally a sticker guy but this idea sells. If you paid an artist or something to design stickers based around say your top 5 signature corals or so, that adds hype to them and sort of immortalizes them in a way. Throwing in that sticker with the coral purchase, makes it feel more collectible and special. Even though it’s just a goofy little sticker, I think it makes people feel like they are part of a special club. This isn’t just a Goni, it’s an “SBB Care Bears Goni” and I’m one of the few cool kids that has one.

Not that you need any help selling coral and not that we need any more FOMO, but I think that’s a great idea.

Crap, we probably shouldn’t be giving out marketing tips to our dealer that has control over our bank accounts lol
I'm agree I'm not a sticker guy, but @SBB Corals it is great marketing. I buy my water at the LFS and have been asked twice about the sticker on my 5g water jug. It's a large sticker and I have a couple others on there like a Hanna sticker I got at RAP and PNW customs for their frag racks, but the size of the SBB one stands out and the holographic look
16854103138055348767471524209222.jpg

Gone so far as taking out my phone and showing the R2R threads for sales and photos of corals I've gotten to people have asked about it.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm agree I'm not a sticker guy, but @SBB Corals it is great marketing. I buy my water at the LFS and have been asked twice about the sticker on my 5g water jug. It's a large sticker and I have a couple others on there like a Hanna sticker I got at RAP and PNW customs for their frag racks, but the size of the SBB one stands out and the holographic look
16854103138055348767471524209222.jpg

Gone so far as taking out my phone and showing the R2R threads for sales and photos of corals I've gotten to people have asked about it.
I have one on all three of my 5g jugs. Someday I'll buy my own RODI kit, but using only 7g a week, I don't think I need to yet.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could literally take a pic of one and send the pic to be made into a sticker instead of an artist..but yes..that's the general gist. I'm gonna buy the thing anyways..lol

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could literally take a pic of one and send the pic to be made into a sticker instead of an artist..but yes..that's the general gist. I'm gonna buy the thing anyways..lol
Lol I forget about that. You could even add a filter to it to make it look artsy fartsy if you wanted.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Funny. I can see in future for sale threads at R2R when hobbyist sell SBB signature corals they show a pic of both the frag they are selling and also a picture of their sticker as “proof of lineage”

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about ph. I know alk swings are bad and i know in general all changes in the reef chemistry should be done slowly, but i never hear much about ph. My tank is usually +- 7.8 and i just installed a kalk stirrer this weekend. Im curious how long i should take to raise ph up to 8.3, and how much of a swing is safe. I set my apex to turn off at 8.4 and on at 8.0 for now. I also am taking it slow because i will need to adjust my calcium and alk dosing at the same time.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a question about ph. I know alk swings are bad and i know in general all changes in the reef chemistry should be done slowly, but i never hear much about ph. My tank is usually +- 7.8 and i just installed a kalk stirrer this weekend. Im curious how long i should take to raise ph up to 8.3, and how much of a swing is safe. I set my apex to turn off at 8.4 and on at 8.0 for now. I also am taking it slow because i will need to adjust my calcium and alk dosing at the same time.
I don't know that ph swings matter in terms of acclimation.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20230530_103008_APEXFusion.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back