***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am. There's hope. What about you?
Box on it's way this morning some time. Can't wait to load all my goodies into the tank! Can't put them in the frag tank until I finish the antibiotic course though. 8 days... started yesterday when everything came in.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tired Good Morning GIF by Mumosa & Ragout

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news and very bad news. We got back from our trip to Legoland late Monday so the lights had been off on the tank for a few hours. I did a quick glance in the tank and everything looked normal so i went to bed. My shipment was at the house yesterday when i got home and knowing i had a monumental task ahead of me with about 60 corals to acclimate, dip and place i got right to it. After finding places to put all the bags to stary acclimating i grabbed some frozen food to feed the fish that have been on auto feeders since Thursday. Well apparently one of my fish decided it didnt want to eat freeze dried, flake and pellet food so it ate a ton of my zoas including my acid trips, exospheres, SBB haephastus, SBB marvin the martian, SBB aphrodite, death star, citrus circus, bob marley mini colony, island time mini colony and worst of all 10 of 18 stratospheres!!! It looks like it aimed for all of the high end zoas and left the cheapies of course! I took the top off the cage i built for the strats to get a little better flow and light to them and they have been fine, but stupidly didnt put it back on before leaving for my trip knowing the fosh were going to be on prepared foods for an extended amount of time. They have done fine for 3-4 days on auto feeders in the past but never 6 days. At least i still have some strats left! Anyways, after 4-1/2hrs pf unpacking i only managed a few photos of not great quality with the corals on my new sky deck. Here is also a short video to start the day.
14B03B65-AB9B-4E9C-824E-99007EC83619.jpeg
7063B4CB-608D-42D9-8D0E-AED20FFA233C.jpeg
24CB5E14-A88D-4B7B-AD0D-82C584B9D06A.jpeg

Last edited:

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news and very bad news. We got back from our trip to Legoland late Monday so the lights had been off on the tank for a few hours. I did a quick glance in the tank and nothing looked normal so i went to bed. My shipment was at the house yesterday when i got home and knowing i had a monumental task ahead of me with about 60 corals to acclimate, dip and place i got right to it. After finding places to put all the bags to stary acclimating i grabbed some frozen food to feed the fish that have been on auto feeders since Thursday. Well apparently one of my fish decided it didnt want to eat freeze dried, flake and pellet food so it ate a ton of my zoas including my acid trips, exospheres, SBB haephastus, SBB marvin the martian, SBB aphrodite, death star, citrus circus, bob marley mini colony, island time mini colony and worst of all 10 of 18 stratospheres!!! It looks like it aimed for all of the high end zoas and left the cheapies of course! I took the top off the cage i built for the strats to get a little better flow and light to them and they have been fine, but stupidly didnt put it back on before leaving for my trip knowing the fosh were going to be on prepared foods for an extended amount of time. They have done fine for 3-4 days on auto feeders in the past but never 6 days. At least i still have some strats left! Anyways, after 4-1/2hrs pf unpacking i only managed a few photos of not great quality with the corals on my new sky deck. Here is also a short video to start the day.

Expensive zoas taste better!

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news and very bad news. We got back from our trip to Legoland late Monday so the lights had been off on the tank for a few hours. I did a quick glance in the tank and nothing looked normal so i went to bed. My shipment was at the house yesterday when i got home and knowing i had a monumental task ahead of me with about 60 corals to acclimate, dip and place i got right to it. After finding places to put all the bags to stary acclimating i grabbed some frozen food to feed the fish that have been on auto feeders since Thursday. Well apparently one of my fish decided it didnt want to eat freeze dried, flake and pellet food so it ate a ton of my zoas including my acid trips, exospheres, SBB haephastus, SBB marvin the martian, SBB aphrodite, death star, citrus circus, bob marley mini colony, island time mini colony and worst of all 10 of 18 stratospheres!!! It looks like it aimed for all of the high end zoas and left the cheapies of course! I took the top off the cage i built for the strats to get a little better flow and light to them and they have been fine, but stupidly didnt put it back on before leaving for my trip knowing the fosh were going to be on prepared foods for an extended amount of time. They have done fine for 3-4 days on auto feeders in the past but never 6 days. At least i still have some strats left! Anyways, after 4-1/2hrs pf unpacking i only managed a few photos of not great quality with the corals on my new sky deck. Here is also a short video to start the day.

That sucks. Sorry to hear about the zoas. Hopefully, the strats will bounce back.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news and very bad news. We got back from our trip to Legoland late Monday so the lights had been off on the tank for a few hours. I did a quick glance in the tank and everything looked normal so i went to bed. My shipment was at the house yesterday when i got home and knowing i had a monumental task ahead of me with about 60 corals to acclimate, dip and place i got right to it. After finding places to put all the bags to stary acclimating i grabbed some frozen food to feed the fish that have been on auto feeders since Thursday. Well apparently one of my fish decided it didnt want to eat freeze dried, flake and pellet food so it ate a ton of my zoas including my acid trips, exospheres, SBB haephastus, SBB marvin the martian, SBB aphrodite, death star, citrus circus, bob marley mini colony, island time mini colony and worst of all 10 of 18 stratospheres!!! It looks like it aimed for all of the high end zoas and left the cheapies of course! I took the top off the cage i built for the strats to get a little better flow and light to them and they have been fine, but stupidly didnt put it back on before leaving for my trip knowing the fosh were going to be on prepared foods for an extended amount of time. They have done fine for 3-4 days on auto feeders in the past but never 6 days. At least i still have some strats left! Anyways, after 4-1/2hrs pf unpacking i only managed a few photos of not great quality with the corals on my new sky deck. Here is also a short video to start the day.

Man so sorry to hear about that. That fish has expensive tastes.

Also, yes, of course I clicked it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back