***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
I am loving my Scooby Doo I got a couple sales back, It has changed a lot in color since. Stoked for the next upcoming sale!!
Nov-22nd-2022
PXL_20221112_001452451.jpg

Jun-8th-2023

PXL_20230608_220718654.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I’ve got 4 SBB torches so far. I’ve got an indo gold, 24k, princess peach, and a cotton candy now. They’re all doing great. I really love the 24k and I really like the way the cotton candy contrasts with the others.

Curious as to what your absolute favorite SBB torch is? I’m sure a few of you have most of them. Dr Strange? Tiger king?
I have a 2 SBB Ultra Indo Gold, and a no name grab it. I like the 24k and the banana, or the 24k banana :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well six am on the west coast and running on 2 and a half hours of sleep for the previous 48 hours, going to sleep for a few and then back to work. Happy Friday reefers!
I don’t know how you do it. I’m a little cranky because I only got 6 hrs of sleep for one night.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2 SBB Ultra Indo Gold, and a no name grab it. I like the 24k and the banana, or the 24k banana :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Confused about the differences between some of the names sometimes. The 24K I won was a “24k HG back corner colored down”. I don’t really know what makes it an HG but it is a beauty and always looks great. After seeing @Rennurdoar s ultra indo gold, I want an ultra indo gold now. My indo gold is really nice looking but it’s more black/brown around the base and then transitions to a bright neon green at the tips. That ultra indo gold @Rennurdoar has looks bright yellow!

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Confused about the differences between some of the names sometimes. The 24K I won was a “24k HG back corner colored down”. I don’t really know what makes it an HG but it is a beauty and always looks great. After seeing @Rennurdoar s ultra indo gold, I want an ultra indo gold now. My indo gold is really nice looking but it’s more black/brown around the base and then transitions to a bright neon green at the tips. That ultra indo gold @Rennurdoar has looks bright yellow!

It's extremely bright! I love it for sure! HGs usually have blue tips if I remember correctly. Where ours has neon green tips. I want to get a HG eventually

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's extremely bright! I love it for sure! HGs usually have blue tips if I remember correctly. Where ours has neon green tips. I want to get a HG eventually
I thought all of the 24k had blue tips. Unless most of the ones SBB sells are HG but not all are labeled. Doing a gallery search, they look to all have blue tips

BE33FF6D-F1C9-4186-BE8C-8B42F0BCFA14.png

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Holy grails have dark blue sometimes purple tips, yellow tentacles and green mouth.

It's a name game, but I have 3 other torches and they pale in comparison to the SBB torches. The holy grails from SBB seem to be brighter yellows, less green on the tentacles, I don't have one yet.

But even their Ultra Indo golds which people say are common have more and brighter yellow colors and greener bright tips.

Lighting, tank parameters, and everything else can play a role in coloration, such as with Billy and his Acros.

I have yet to be disappointed with anything from SBB.

For reference

Not to mention the size, yes I paid a little more for the SBB torches but the size, they are Huuuuge.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy grails have dark blue sometimes purple tips, yellow tentacles and green mouth.

It's a name game, but I have 3 other torches and they pale in comparison to the SBB torches. The holy grails from SBB seem to be brighter yellows, less green on the tentacles, I don't have one yet.

But even their Ultra Indo golds which people say are common have more and brighter yellow colors and greener bright tips.

Lighting, tank parameters, and everything else can play a role in coloration, such as with Billy and his Acros.

I have yet to be disappointed with anything from SBB.

For reference

Not to mention the size, yes I paid a little more for the SBB torches but the size, they are Huuuuge.
Read the ID guide and still confused but it is helpful. I don’t think my 24k HG has a green mouth, atleast never noticed it anyways. It’s still coloring up though too, I got it in the last auction. Yeah those ultra indo golds are very common but SBB’s look phenomenal.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Read the ID guide and still confused but it is helpful. I don’t think my 24k HG has a green mouth, atleast never noticed it anyways. It’s still coloring up though too, I got it in the last auction. Yeah those ultra indo golds are very common but SBB’s look phenomenal.
It's confusing for me too.

Yes the SBB ones are definitely bright AF. Not like the others I have seen.

I like the Malaysian Miami colors too.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i wouldn't worry about any id guide, the names are whatever name the vendor gives them. people will say things like that isn't a holy grail because of XY or Z but the reality is if the vendor calls it a holy grail it is, its just a name. people focus too much on the names in euphilia in my opinion, most of them don't keep track of the lineage are a just "IDing" wild corals. so the names don't mean much. If it was more based on the actual lineage i would be much more interested in the names.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back