***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't worry about any id guide, the names are whatever name the vendor gives them. people will say things like that isn't a holy grail because of XY or Z but the reality is if the vendor calls it a holy grail it is, its just a name. people focus too much on the names in euphilia in my opinion, most of them don't keep track of the lineage are a just "IDing" wild corals. so the names don't mean much. If it was more based on the actual lineage i would be much more interested in the names.
fight-club-his-name-is-robert-paulson.gif

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry i'm not really a torch guy, though i do enjoy them, but i think the way some people "ID" them is silly, like someone said above, who cares what color the mouth is, usually can't see it unless my torch is ticked or unhealthy and i don't even think they all agree on the rules for IDing them. sorry rant over.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i'm not really a torch guy, though i do enjoy them, but i think the way some people "ID" them is silly, like someone said above, who cares what color the mouth is, usually can't see it unless my torch is ticked or unhealthy and i don't even think they all agree on the rules for IDing them. sorry rant over.
You’re good, I agree with you. The name game can be a bit silly, but it is part of the market. I’m mostly just trying to understand better so that if/when I decide to sell a head or two, I’ll maybe know what I’m actually selling. It’s confusing for sure, but it affects the price in the market.

Some people think purty mouths are worth $100 more.

Deliverance GIF

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just grab no namers and name them what you want.
I just found out mine is a Hellfire. Before that, his name was Jeff. Now though, I have to change his name. I'm thinking Franklin is a good Hellfire name...

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
These are the ones I sell and I just call all the ones with gold indo gold and the one by its self, the one with long tentacles that has a lot of yellow, lol and the green ones I just try to avoid using a name though I guess the ones are call cotton candy now

Attachments

• 7AFC5A32-29A0-4544-9D64-DFBCD25DC974.jpeg
    7AFC5A32-29A0-4544-9D64-DFBCD25DC974.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 20

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the ones I sell and I just call all the ones with gold indo gold and the one by its self, the one with long tentacles that has a lot of yellow, lol and the green ones I just try to avoid using a name though I guess the ones are call cotton candy now
The green ones look a little like todds

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just call mine an Indo Gold because that's how I received it. But with a green mouth and turquoise tips with the green/gold/purple tentacles it's supposedly a Hellfire which is a fancy name of saying Indo Gold with a green mouth, purple on the tentacles, and turquoise tips. Indo Gold works.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I decided to add real live rock and replace most of the CaribSea in the nano. The Acros responded by popping out their polyps. Pretty interesting response. And I’ve got at least one coral hitchhiker (if you can call a sessile animal that). Hope it survives(came wrapped in wet paper towels). A little surprised caus the last time I got it from Gulf Live , it was submerged. Still pretty pleased.
IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1772.jpeg

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I decided to add real live rock and replace most of the CaribSea in the nano. The Acros responded by popping out their polyps. Pretty interesting response. And I’ve got at least one coral hitchhiker (if you can call a sessile animal that). Hope it survives(came wrapped in wet paper towels). A little surprised caus the last time I got it from Gulf Live , it was submerged. Still pretty pleased.
IMG_1771.jpeg
IMG_1772.jpeg
I could be way off here but plopping live rock into your tank without giving it at least a couple days in a separate curing container can be bad. There's a good possibility of some die off and in a nano that can cause a spike.

Ben549

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the damage for everyone?

So far, I've lost:
SBB " Red Hulk" Monti
SBB " Creature Milli"
SBB " Dragon Stone" Small (I think, hard to tell, but I don't see any polyps)

On the plus side, these SPS look happy:
SBB Mystery Signature Tenuis
MattV " Red Dana"
SBB " Bling Bling" New Release

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

So far, I've lost:
SBB " Red Hulk" Monti
SBB " Creature Milli"

MattV " Red Dana"
nothing so far, they look good today!

Ben549

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing so far, they look good today!
Awesome! I'm really loving the SBB torch I got. The SPS are a little too small to appreciate from where I'm sitting across the room. I've started increasing my Ph to help with growth

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So far, I've lost:
SBB " Red Hulk" Monti
SBB " Creature Milli"

MattV " Red Dana"
I have one goni that hasn't fully opened yet, but that's gonis sometimes. Everything else looks good.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back