SCA-302 Microbubble Issue

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now the I have the drain line plugged because it was draining way too much water for me to feel comfortable to just leave it while I'm off at work or school (I leave my house at 5 am and not back until 10pm). Im going to raise the skimmer to 7 inches when I get home today, and I guess I will try attaching the drain line to some left over air line I have laying around and then to an empty 10 gallon tank so at least it wont over flow.
For now, just let it drain back into the tank. You aren't actually skimming anything at this point so no reason to waste the water.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was answering the other persons question about where my drain line was running. Once you get your skimmer dialed in you can run the drain outlet in your skimmer cup to a remote container to empty the skimmate if you want. Make sure you always keep the john guest valve closed until you want to drain it otherwise it can overflow the remote container.

Another thing if you cut your return pump off the water level will rise in your sump causing your skimmer to overflow so make sure you turn off your skimmer before turning off your return pump.

OP
OP
Struggler

Struggler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I now have the skimmer at exactly 7 inch and I have pictures of the skimmer at three different settings. Level 3, 5, and Max. What setting should I keep it at?

IMG_6854.JPG

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG

OP
OP
Struggler

Struggler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly in the order of the picture but you guys can see the difference lol. (Just in case order of the pictures are Max, 3, 5)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to keep the level inside the skimmer to a point where it feels the cup about once a week. This is normally keeping the bulk of the bubbles or the thickest part of them right around where the neck meets the cup. It will vary depending upon bioload and other factors

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back