SCA aquariums

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal experience was a great one! Steve communicates perfectly, shipped on time, no damage. I love it!

Bought the 120 PNP system but ditched everything but the tank. Went a different route. But the glass quality and build quality was great! I would buy another

OP
OP
Das1175

Das1175

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal experience was a great one! Steve communicates perfectly, shipped on time, no damage. I love it!

Bought the 120 PNP system but ditched everything but the tank. Went a different route. But the glass quality and build quality was great! I would buy another
Great to know. Thanks

Hawk23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the 75 Gallon for my first go at a saltwater tank. Other people will probably have better feedback as I am very new at this, but here's what I'll say:
  • Tank quality is great and Steve was great to work with.
  • Tank arrived with no damage and the stand is nice as well imo.
  • The equipment that came with the plumbing for the sump left something to be desired tbh. I was able to get everything set up with help from a friend and a quick trip to home depot.
Overall, for my first tank, I am very happy with it and honestly will probably go this route again if i ever decide to upgrade to a bigger tank.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have their 120 with an Exotic Marine external overflow and love it. Glass is clear, black silicone is a nice touch, comes with a black background already attached.

I do have two quips:

1. The returns are drilled for 1/2. I would have preferred to have 3/4 if not 1".

2. The eurobrace isn't level all the way around the perimeter (2-4mm variance) nothing crazy or anything I'll ever see.

That being said, they are still in my top 3 choices for my next tank which will be a 180-210.

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re great! Super professional and exceptional customer service. Steve was awesome to deal with. I ordered their 50 gallons plug and play with the eco tech equipment right as corona virus started and right as everything was shutting down. It was a pain but they communicated with me every step of the way and made sure to get everything to me as quick as they could. I was really impressed with how they handled that situation. The tank itself is very well made and I’m super happy with it. It’s been almost a year now and I’m still loving it.
The only complaint I really have is that the acrylic or glue used to make the overflow lid caused it to warp after a while. That seems to be a common thing because I’ve heard of it happening to other people but it’s literally just an acrylic rectangle that can easily be replaced. The return pump and skimmer both work well but they can be noisy and the return could be a little stronger. I plan on replacing those soon but they’ve done a good job for a whole year now. I made a few modifications to the plumbing and added a filter sock and filter sock clip instead of the floss that comes with it. I’d also recommend going with the wooden stand. It’s very well constructed and has a nice sleek look to it. That said, for a plug and play system, it’s got everything you need to get started and it’s more affordable than the bigger name brands for a system that works just as well and looks great.

Attachments

• BDFE45CD-72CD-4896-B6E5-D888FE9BBDB2.jpeg
    BDFE45CD-72CD-4896-B6E5-D888FE9BBDB2.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 45

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a sca 112. Steve is an easy guy to work with. Aquarium was shipped well. No issues at all.
Originally had a marineland 60g. The green glass was so ugly to look through. Definitely go with low iron glass aka starfire.

hmm. I necroed a thread. My Bad

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 5.1%
Back