• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scammer

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

DVaDeR77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a WTB add for a used AC 110 inTank basket. I got a PM by janebrent01 to contact a guy named Stewart he has one for sale. Email given is [email protected]
guy is a scammer lost out on 75 dollars. My lose but just want to let others know to look out. On a side not. The PM from this janebrent01 is now missing from my inbox and if u search his name on here nothing. Googled the email address given and found others have been scammed in the same was I was. Just beware.

Thanks for listening: CJB

Ben Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been scammed by this person for a Neptune Trident. I have all my correspondence with this person and am out 450 for this. I have never been scammed on here before but have now learned my lesson. I am so angry about this. UGH

Ben Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also been scammed by this person for a Neptune Trident. I have all my correspondence with this person and am out 450 for this. I have never been scammed on here before but have now learned my lesson. I am so angry about this. UGH
The name provided to me was "Stewart" from IL and the name provided is Verace Giuseppe with email [email protected]. The PM I received was from EricLewis11 stating he had the item and to contact him for purchase. When searching for the person who sent me a PM there is no longer a match.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i had a similar situation happen to me, but i was fortunate enough to avoid the transaction.. the person who PM'd me pointed me to this "Stewart" friend. i replied saying "does he have a r2r account?" no reply.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a WTB add for a used AC 110 inTank basket. I got a PM by janebrent01 to contact a guy named Stewart he has one for sale. Email given is [email protected]
guy is a scammer lost out on 75 dollars. My lose but just want to let others know to look out. On a side not. The PM from this janebrent01 is now missing from my inbox and if u search his name on here nothing. Googled the email address given and found others have been scammed in the same was I was. Just beware.

Thanks for listening: CJB
if you bought via paypal or card you've got a chance to refund by reaching out to them fyi

Ben Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The person asked for Zelle. That was my fault for going along and I take responsibility for that.

Ben Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The name provided to me was "Stewart" from IL and the name provided is Verace Giuseppe with email [email protected]. The PM I received was from EricLewis11 stating he had the item and to contact him for purchase. When searching for the person who sent me a PM there is no longer a match.

Attachments

• 067E3F0F-3F36-4087-B66E-27F0DCBFAFEB.png
    067E3F0F-3F36-4087-B66E-27F0DCBFAFEB.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 78

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another tip, always ask for pictures to prove that the seller has the product as they described, and have them show you angles or objects that they couldn’t find pictures of the item with on google

Ben Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another tip, always ask for pictures to prove that the seller has the product as they described, and have them show you angles or objects that they couldn’t find pictures of the item with on google
These are the pictures he provided

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Zelle gets sent to a bank account, how is this point of sale able to have all these different bank account and not get caught with all these scams?
By the way I also got scammed by this point of sale on the same day as the OP.
Filed every complaint possible ie: Zelle, FTC, ic3

Ryan Kraft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wasn't aware of that PayPal would not cover me. From now on I'm not using friends and family unless I can kick their butt

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you use "friends and family" through PayPal you wave all liability and recourse. That is why they wave the transaction fee. Just a bad idea all the way around.

Back