Scary thing in Tank

Barb Hillson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2015
Messages
24
Reaction score
13
Location
Caledon, Ontario
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this scary thing in my tank and not sure what it is or if it is good or bad. Can anyone help me identify it.

IMG_1971.JPG
 
When in doubt, remove it. Could also be those spiders one of the guys on R2R had a long battle with. I'd pull it for closer inspection.
 
I don't think it's a sea spider, as I can see lots of little hair like projections on the legs.... like a crab.
 
ok might be side view gorilla. Either way needs to get out get better photos of it
 
Oh, I think it's still safe to say "get it out and see what it is".... just don't tear apart your tank to do it.
 
Its definitely a crab - no good hitchhiker crabs (besides acro crabs, I guess).
 
The first question would be, has there been any negative effects in the tank? Such as things going missing or corals looking bad? Put some piece of shrimp by that area to get it to come out for a good pic.. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new