Schnitzel's SPS

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a sweet price for that light. Hang it high as you can as it can burn your chaeto. It generates a lot of heat is the only thing I don't like about it. It does do wonders for ph, and it grows chaeto really well if you have some nutrients.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a sweet price for that light. Hang it high as you can as it can burn your chaeto. It generates a lot of heat is the only thing I don't like about it. It does do wonders for ph, and it grows chaeto really well if you have some nutrients.

Check out the video. I'm hoping it makes my ph go up and be more stable.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the key to raising the PH is the intensity of the light. But who knows, this could have just been a coincidence. I'll know better in 24-48 hours.
It will raise the ph for sure. That's a bit close to the chaeto however [emoji621]
Nice spinning action...it will prob stop spinning soon.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eba26e046f64da7d26f041993fc0524b.jpg

Threw together this Co2 scrubber from an old cheap media reactor I had. PH went up .1 in 30 minutes. It's def burning through the media fast. I don't see this media lasting longer than 1-2 days.

I'm looking to buy a larger reactor that can hold more medi, and I will be adding a solenoid to the inlet that will open and close depending on the ph in the tank. Hopefully I can get it to last longer this way.

This combined with my new kessil h350 should really help keep my ph more stable. [emoji1305]. We'll see if there's any positive effects on coral growth.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eba26e046f64da7d26f041993fc0524b.jpg

Threw together this Co2 scrubber from an old cheap media reactor I had. PH went up .1 in 30 minutes. It's def burning through the media fast. I don't see this media lasting longer than 1-2 days.

I'm looking to buy a larger reactor that can hold more medi, and I will be adding a solenoid to the inlet that will open and close depending on the ph in the tank. Hopefully I can get it to last longer this way.

This combined with my new kessil h350 should really help keep my ph more stable. [emoji1305]. We'll see if there's any positive effects on coral growth.

Try plumbing your skimmer Venturi intake so that it pulls airs from the skimmate cup. But the media in between this plumbing. It will last much longer

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious why you've decided to chase pH at this point in time, I mean look at that tank ;)

No matter how great things look, there's always something better. Lol

I'm trying to see if I get any better growth with higher ph. If not, then I'll stop using the soda lime.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back