Scoly has two mouths??

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
799
Reaction score
886
Location
Portland, OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought the scoly it said (Dividing?) I don't know if that's what scoly do but it would explain the dramatic horizontal stripe it has. I thought all scoly looked like this till I was just shopping for another and saw they all had one centered mouth for the most part.

Either way its healthy and it gives it a cool look regardless.

(Enlarge pics to get a better look)
20201007_234608.jpg Screenshot_20201007-234420_Gallery.jpg
 
hi,yep,two mouths,could not tell you if splitting ,but really nice scoly :cool:
 
hi,yep,two mouths,could not tell you if splitting ,but really nice scoly :cool:
Was really hoping you'd be like SPLITTING TOMORROW in all honeaty this thing takes forever to do anything I'm not even sure how long it would take to split barring any stress!
 
I don’t know enough about these, but really cool photo and great lookin’ Scoly! Thanks for sharing the photos. I believe these grow pretty slow so if it is splitting, might be a long time? But personally never seen one with two mouths. Pretty cool!
 
I don’t know enough about these, but really cool photo and great lookin’ Scoly! Thanks for sharing the photos. I believe these grow pretty slow so if it is splitting, might be a long time? But personally never seen one with two mouths. Pretty cool!
That's what I figured! Hope this scoly stays with me a long time for science
 
I was also wondering during this. My scoly has 3 heads and I am planning on fragging once it settles.

Screenshot_20221103-170650_WhatsApp.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new