Scott's 150 Gallon 5x2x2 Build

Got all the wood work done finally and the temp is up so tomorrow and the next is going to be painting days. Going to start with the 30 gallon stand and then the 150 after. Pictures to come!
 
Getting the test run with the cube stand first.

IMG_20180605_091817.jpg
 
Still going to work on the stands. If I had to do it again I would just pay for a built stand this is soooooo time consuming!

IMG_20180605_212043.jpg


IMG_20180605_212058.jpg
 
Getting closer. Paint gun decided to throw globs towards the end so I'll have to sand off the imperfections and do one more light coat.

IMG_20180622_135120.jpg


IMG_20180622_135127.jpg
 
Man great work! Looks awesome!
 
I LOVE the stand, it matches our home perfectly. I had built one similar but no where NEAR as clean as yours. I am inspired!
 
Very nice. I saw this on the SCA FB Page. I love what you did for the electronics compartment. Looking forward to seeing more.
 
Nice work! Following...
 
I know it's been taking forever but been busy. Opened the 1/2" returns to 3/4" returns to hopefully allow some more flow and spread. I found out that the paint I used was not a cabinet finish paint and becuase of that I have to put a clear epoxy finish on it to stop it from being so sticky.
 
The build is looking great man, stoked for you. I am actually considering the same tank for an upgrade. I'm only three hours away from SCA and they seem to have great tanks. My only concern with the Euro bracing was mounting my existing kessils but that doesn't seem to be a problem for you at all. Do the mounts wiggle at all with that small lip they are mounted to? Could i bug you for a closer pic? I really appreciate!!
 
The build is looking great man, stoked for you. I am actually considering the same tank for an upgrade. I'm only three hours away from SCA and they seem to have great tanks. My only concern with the Euro bracing was mounting my existing kessils but that doesn't seem to be a problem for you at all. Do the mounts wiggle at all with that small lip they are mounted to? Could i bug you for a closer pic? I really appreciate!!

They are mounted on there securely no issues with movement.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new