OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag sale went well! No one bought WD's which surprised me quite a bit. They aren't common here and I was selling them for what they are going for in the states. A lot of interest in the JF fox flame, red planet, Acrolandia.... of course the ones that weren't for sale ;)

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a complete accident/brain fart on my part. The frag transport system I have is essentially circular holders that fit snuggly within a salt bucket, with the rectangular egg crate frag racks fitting nicely in each holder. Then you can stack three in a bucket and voila, easy frag transport. Unfortunately my frag system holds three segments perfectly so when I take one out I don't have an extra to set frags I want to leave behind on. So as I started I had a whole rack of frags in my hand out of the water and I started to panic a little and just put it in the holder in the pail. That's when I should have put an old rack in the frag tank and unloaded the frags I'd like to keep home out of the bucket and back into the tank. But, I got in a rush and pulled out a couple frags I knew I wasn't taking and forgot about others. I realized there were frags in the pails that I did not mean to bring about 2 hours out of S'toon and had a minor heart attack, to which my wife can attest to lol! The two I was concerned about the most were the JF Home wrecker and the Acrolandia. I didn't think the JF fox flame would have been so requested so I didn't think much of that.

Hopefully people weren't too mad. I found it weird that no one bought a single WD, but were all wild about the acrolandia and the fox flame.

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a complete accident/brain fart on my part. The frag transport system I have is essentially circular holders that fit snuggly within a salt bucket, with the rectangular egg crate frag racks fitting nicely in each holder. Then you can stack three in a bucket and voila, easy frag transport. Unfortunately my frag system holds three segments perfectly so when I take one out I don't have an extra to set frags I want to leave behind on. So as I started I had a whole rack of frags in my hand out of the water and I started to panic a little and just put it in the holder in the pail. That's when I should have put an old rack in the frag tank and unloaded the frags I'd like to keep home out of the bucket and back into the tank. But, I got in a rush and pulled out a couple frags I knew I wasn't taking and forgot about others. I realized there were frags in the pails that I did not mean to bring about 2 hours out of S'toon and had a minor heart attack, to which my wife can attest to lol! The two I was concerned about the most were the JF Home wrecker and the Acrolandia. I didn't think the JF fox flame would have been so requested so I didn't think much of that.

Hopefully people weren't too mad. I found it weird that no one bought a single WD, but were all wild about the acrolandia and the fox flame.

TBH, the WD and the FF are both IMO just OK. Will wait for them to grow out a bit before complete judgment.

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WD is a gorgeous coral, in my opinion ;) I haven't grown the FF large enough myself to say honestly. I really only judge corals on what I grow or have seen with my own eyes, and I haven't seen the FF large enough to judge. I just purged some pink milli and a lokani that weren't really cutting it. I'm not sure if it was a flow issue, or lack there of, that caused it but it cleared up space for maybe 2-3 new colonies to grow. I'm thinking the red planet, RR rainbow loom and hellfire milli. Not sure, just tossing that idea around.

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating removing the large green stag. It's grown too big for its own good and aside from size, I don't think it looks good or healthy anymore. Thoughts?

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating removing the large green stag. It's grown too big for its own good and aside from size, I don't think it looks good or healthy anymore. Thoughts?

Trim it down and let it grow back. I bet a little pruning would let it get denser and healthier!

OP
OP
Scythanith

Scythanith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First round of trimming :) I really want to expand my options, and am starting to dislike huge coral colonies dominating the aquascaping. Sure, I will keep them show size but not necessarily unchecked.

i-DWpmdXv-XL.jpg

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First round of trimming :) I really want to expand my options, and am starting to dislike huge coral colonies dominating the aquascaping. Sure, I will keep them show size but not necessarily unchecked.

i-DWpmdXv-XL.jpg

Looks good. How about an updated fts now, haha! I did a bunch of trimming today as well, always looks so barren, but comes back fast!

Do you think the pectinia was bothering the stag?

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i-DWpmdXv-XL.jpg
Now that's a haircut!! Looking forward to seeing the new pics of the makeover :D

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back