Scotts Fairy Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fanreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fanreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2023
Messages
96
Reaction score
23
Location
Brooklyn
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have an 80 Gallon tank, I have a scotts fairy and 3 leopards, the scott is keeping territory on half tank and doesn't let the leopards go in there only in the corner, i added an exquisite, and the scott went mad. I trapped the scott in a section of the tank with egg crate, but every time the exquisite comes close he is starting to show off.

So it looks they are not compatible, the question is do I remove the scott or the exquisite?
I like the scott more, but if he'll make issues with each addition then i can't keep him.

Thank you very much
 
I haven’t kept a Scotts but they are one of the more aggressive wrasses and imo will give you trouble with new additions. Their colors also tend to fade in captivity. @Slocke @i cant think

1000001024.png
 
Hi,

I have an 80 Gallon tank, I have a scotts fairy and 3 leopards, the scott is keeping territory on half tank and doesn't let the leopards go in there only in the corner, i added an exquisite, and the scott went mad. I trapped the scott in a section of the tank with egg crate, but every time the exquisite comes close he is starting to show off.

So it looks they are not compatible, the question is do I remove the scott or the exquisite?
I like the scott more, but if he'll make issues with each addition then i can't keep him.

Thank you very much
Remove the scottorum, they need large tanks to be happy, and I mean large tanks - I’ve had them in an LFS environment in a 4 foot tank and they caused hell, I then had one in the 8 foot coral tray and it was the most placid fish in there.
 
Remove the scottorum, they need large tanks to be happy, and I mean large tanks - I’ve had them in an LFS environment in a 4 foot tank and they caused hell, I then had one in the 8 foot coral tray and it was the most placid fish in there.
Thank you.

I also wanna add 2 of these 3 wrasses, Timor, Dusky and Melanurus.
Will it work and the peace will stay?
What 2 of these will you suggest for the best chances of success?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new