Scotts wrasse in a Predator tank

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chance to pick up a monster Scotts for s good price. I know I cant pout him in my fairy wrasse tank. I have a predator tank that I was thinking about put him in. The Scotts is about 6 inches, The tank currently has a few lions, Australian tusk, marine beta, bird wrasse, a baby broom tail wrasse around 6 inches, zebra eel, yellow tang, baby panther grouper around 4 inches. The tank is a standard 150. I am currently having a 540 being built but it will be about a year till that is set up. So I would need this to work for the full year. I dont know if I should be worried about the Scotts getting beaten up of him beating the other fish up.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren't any problems there, except for the panther grouper (gets huuuge) and the (not dwarf?) lions.

Eventually, one of the aforementioned fish will eat the wrasse, if/when they are large enough.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the size and species of lions. A lion can eat something almos the size of their own body minus fins.

It depends on the personality of the tusk and bird wrasse. Some can be aggressive.

Panther groupers grow fast and are capable of swallowing things 3/4 their body length. So will quickly be big enough to view the scotts as food.

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So both lions are under 5 inches. One is a dwarf and the other is a radiada. I understand that eventually the lion and grouper will get large enough to eat it. Do you think within a year the lion and grouper will get large enough to eat it? Also the tusk is a big baby. The bird Wrasse just got it's but kicked by a ranbow Wrasse that I just pulled out so I'm thinking he will need at least a few weeks to heal up and get back to normal. I think if I introduced the Scott's in that time I should be good.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So both lions are under 5 inches. One is a dwarf and the other is a radiada. I understand that eventually the lion and grouper will get large enough to eat it. Do you think within a year the lion and grouper will get large enough to eat it? Also the tusk is a big baby. The bird Wrasse just got it's but kicked by a ranbow Wrasse that I just pulled out so I'm thinking he will need at least a few weeks to heal up and get back to normal. I think if I introduced the Scott's in that time I should be good.
The grouper will be big enough to eat him in 6months.

You just removed an aggressive fish, there is a vacuum in the hierarchy that needs to be filled, and will be.

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow ok I new they grew fast but not that fast.

What fish do you think will fill that vacuum?

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Scott's is to big and aggressive for my Fairy Wrasse tank and not big enough or aggressive enough for my Predator Tank?

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it. This one's been in captivity for almost two years and still looks great thats why I was trying to find a spot for him. I guess I'm just going to have to pass.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.0%
Back