Scratches on Head

SurfTrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new kole tang has a couple small injuries on its head. Very small, like gashes as thin as a hair. Its not ich, velvet, or flukes I know that. He is still eating and acting normally. When I first added him he did have a little bit of aggression with my yellow tang, I saw a couple tailswipes but that's it. (Thats really my only guess). Should I worry?

None of my fish are quarantined, and I haven't had any diseases in 2 years. All of my other fish are perfectly fine.

Im not going to be able to take a picture of it either, the injuries are too small and he's still to shy for me to put my phone against the glass.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely from the other tang. Keep eyes open for infection and further aggression.

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kole tang had this as well. I fed plenty of nori and it cleared up within a couple of days. I have lots of swim throughs and caves in my rock work so fast movements sometimes means a clumsy fish!

OP
OP
SurfTrack

SurfTrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could also be HLLE just keep an eye on it if it grows and look up HLLE to see if it matches
It matches HLLE a little bit. But it also just looks like a tiny wound. Ive been feeding a lot of nori and he's always picking at the rocks, hopefully this issue resolves itself.

Ill update if it grows or spreads.

Thanks for all your responses

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back