Scratches on Head

SurfTrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new kole tang has a couple small injuries on its head. Very small, like gashes as thin as a hair. Its not ich, velvet, or flukes I know that. He is still eating and acting normally. When I first added him he did have a little bit of aggression with my yellow tang, I saw a couple tailswipes but that's it. (Thats really my only guess). Should I worry?

None of my fish are quarantined, and I haven't had any diseases in 2 years. All of my other fish are perfectly fine.

Im not going to be able to take a picture of it either, the injuries are too small and he's still to shy for me to put my phone against the glass.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely from the other tang. Keep eyes open for infection and further aggression.

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kole tang had this as well. I fed plenty of nori and it cleared up within a couple of days. I have lots of swim throughs and caves in my rock work so fast movements sometimes means a clumsy fish!

OP
OP
SurfTrack

SurfTrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could also be HLLE just keep an eye on it if it grows and look up HLLE to see if it matches
It matches HLLE a little bit. But it also just looks like a tiny wound. Ive been feeding a lot of nori and he's always picking at the rocks, hopefully this issue resolves itself.

Ill update if it grows or spreads.

Thanks for all your responses

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back