Sea max 130 to reefer 350

mntncoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All upgrades have arrived and will be starting the move in two days!!
This Red Sea max has been my tinker toy for almost 8 years and now taking the dive haha into the Red Sea reefer 350!!!
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG

Love the soft corals!! But really want to try some LPS any thoughts for my first?

And any tips on leveling new reefer ? I have shims and level but are there any areas or angles to avoid?

Gator Boyz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also has all softies, and started with acans. Then, I switched to all LPS.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
mntncoral

mntncoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0106.JPG

After some leveling shimmy shimmy
IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

Everyone doing well!! Had to support with free weights finally found a use for em lol

IMG_0108.JPG

Really didn't think it would take so long to fill this lol drip drip drop
IMG_0112.JPG

Amongst the many new upgrades!!! Merry Christmas to me!

IMG_0115.JPG

This stuff if a freaking miracle! I found this as I was reading up on reefer thread, I can't remember who used it but made all the difference! Ordered direct from Dr. Tims web site. They are so helpful.

IMG_0117.JPG

I found this gem on amazon , I used it the warp cords on lighting goose necks and some under tank as well.

IMG_0146.JPG

have not found a way to mount fulve refuge light ? Thinking on it ......

IMG_0145.JPG

This will have to do till I get another weekend to sort through it all..

IMG_0143.JPG

Awesome track led @your local low's

IMG_0144.JPG

I used my old ATO as I trust it and, its backup float ! I red way too many threads about salt causing gravity fed to malfunction. Plus I am going to convert old Reefer ATO tank in to refugium .

I am still amping up light at a cautionary rate as I know leds can be strong and the old redseamax 130 lights were about a year old . But alll fish and corals seem really happy. My large toadstool leather is not standing tall yet .? Like he was in old tank but his lil frilly bob come out a lil more every day. He is a big beastly and just needs time.
IMG_0147.JPG

Looks like a littering of shells don't like hermits to fight Over real estate
I also made a water defuser with Y connector for water/pump output but have not gotten to installing it yet.

I also have had a really hard time fine tuning the overflow to be silent . It was tuned and dead silent for two days then made noise like one of the powers heads was wave making .any tips or ideas?

I hope you all like it!! I couldn't have done this without all of the hundreds of threads and information given to me by others on here.

Special thanks to https://www.reef2reef.com/members/sabellafella.55963/
For helping eliminate my stress

Lovemycj7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice job it looks like you moved in quick. i have been building mine for months now. still uninhabited. don't know if you plan on getting any sand burrowing wrasses but i was planning on using egg crate too on my build but was told that it is dangerous for wrasses having the egg crate there since they can hurt their mouths. I ended up taking my egg crate out. great job!

OP
OP
mntncoral

mntncoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
No plans on any wrasses but left SSB so it's always n option to take it out for any sand burrowing inhabiting would also make sand deeper. I would have moved it slower but old tank was in the sam place as new one needed to be.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 41 39.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back