Seachem Flourish to increase PO4 and NO3

Fer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m battling with Dino’s and I’m going to dose flourish phosphate and nitrogen to increase muy nutrients.
I have use Seachem Dosage Calculator and here it’s what’s the recommended dosage for my tank.
FDB8D5DE-44A1-4EE0-9128-DAD6C403C6C0.png
56DD9289-2D15-4E22-AEA0-1EDB20D6015A.png

I have the following questions:

1.Did I put the correct measurements?
2. Do you dose that full amount recommended or it’s gradual.

thank you.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unsure of the nitrate, but I had to dose phosphates when mine were 0.0 ppm and had to dose twice a day. At .02 ppm phosphates you have some, so you shouldn't have to go 2 times a day like I did, but you should be fine with the full dose daily or as needed.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you do not mind me following and tagging in on this, since it is about the same problem. Mine are 0 in a 69 gallon and have been for a while. The directions on the flourish bottle talk about using the cap as a measurement. What should my first dose be?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you do not mind me following and tagging in on this, since it is about the same problem. Mine are 0 in a 69 gallon and have been for a while. The directions on the flourish bottle talk about using the cap as a measurement. What should my first dose be?

Same as any other dose, or higher. :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am guessing I can add it directly to my sump? How long should I wait to retest and add again?

I'd dose to a sump and retest 24 h later, then dose, repeat, etc.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggested target values are about 2-10 ppm nitrate and 0.02 to 0.05 ppm phosphate.

You can dose those values themselves, or initially dose higher (especially phosphate) as long as you monitor to make sure any overshoot is not too extensive (but it will decline again if you do).

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggested target values are about 2-10 ppm nitrate and 0.02 to 0.05 ppm phosphate.

You can dose those values themselves, or initially dose higher (especially phosphate) as long as you monitor to make sure any overshoot is not too extensive (but it will decline again if you do).
What keeps it up naturally? I would rather not dose once I reach a target.

Reef48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding the same amount that is consumed daily, primarily by foods.
Hey guys! I am new to R2R and have been reading a lot of threads about a nitrogen limited system. Lots of good info here so I wanted to pose my question: I am on the fence about dosing nitrate and phosphate to my tank. Most agree there is a benefit to it, however, I also believe in limiting what enters my tank, aka: Keep it simple. My 30 gallon is just over 3 years old and doing very well. Phosphate always undetectable (Salifert) and same for Nitrate (Salifert). I have 3 fuzzy mushrooms and 17 small-med LPS frags + 3 small fish. Color looks great, and everything is growing albeit slower than I am used to seeing. So....the question is: Do I tinker with something that appears to be working? I see a lot of positive feedback from those that dose nitrate/phosphate.

Weekly water change of 5-10% (my own RODI)
using carbon bag (Aquamax ROX)
using GFO bag

Reef48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops! I hit "reply" too soon there..

using GFO bag (Rowaphos)
using E.S.V. 4-part salt mix (mixes awesome every time btw!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reef48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would either dose them or feed more. I'd also reduce or stop the GFO before beginning to dose phosphate.

i recommend food grade sodium nitrate and phosphate. :)
Thanks for the advice! I will take your advice and implement them both....slowly. I will let you know how things are progressing in a few weeks.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! I will take your advice and implement them both....slowly. I will let you know how things are progressing in a few weeks.

Sounds good.

Happy Reefing. :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back