Seachem metroplex reefsafe?

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a small guy the other day and noticed he had a bit of swelling above the lips. I think it would be way to much stress to move him. So it's metroplex reef safe

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can soak it into food and use Focus by Seachem to bind it to the food. This makes it reefsafe :) However, Metro is good for treating worms/internal parasites. If your thinking infection... try kanaplex or furan-2 done the same way, soaked into food with focus to bind.
Epsom salt is also good to reduce swelling and IS reef safe 1tbsp for every 5 gallons.

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can soak it into food and use Focus by Seachem to bind it to the food. This makes it reefsafe :) However, Metro is good for treating worms/internal parasites. If your thinking infection... try kanaplex or furan-2 done the same way, soaked into food with focus to bind.
Epsom salt is also good to reduce swelling and IS reef safe 1tbsp for every 5 gallons.
So if I soak the food in metroplex It will be fine?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I soak the food in metroplex It will be fine?

I didn't say that exactly. Try the epsom salt to reduce the swelling and make sure to use Focus to bind the meds to the food. It will take a while to work, but it may. I'm flying blind here as I dont even have a picture to go from, just a vague description of swelling above the lip. Take my advice for what it's worth.

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't say that exactly. Try the epsom salt to reduce the swelling and make sure to use Focus to bind the meds to the food. It will take a while to work, but it may. I'm flying blind here as I dont even have a picture to go from, just a vague description of swelling above the lip. Take my advice for what it's worth.
Ok I will he is a kole tang and all he really wants to eat is seaweed is that ok?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will he is a kole tang and all he really wants to eat is seaweed is that ok?

Yes! Give him a good portion every day! He'll get nice and fat and eventually start eating other foods as well. Mine eats everything now, just not while I"m standing where it can see me.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back