Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlikely.
Here is a pic, hopefully it will help. I have just added in a mesh bag some aquaforest bio fil about a handfull. and I have whatever media that comes with the aquaclear. I have the sponge, carbon (as water is getting cloudy) and bio matrix. temp is set to 80 and i have the airstone as well.
IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3126.JPG
IMG_3127.JPG

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, honestly it just takes time (and patience) sometimes.
thanks.. yea i have the time, stand is still being build (DIY).. so no rush at all. I think i am about 2-3 months away from putting fish in DT once it is cycled and fish QT.. so i think i have some time lol.. I am going to stop testing untill i see the seachem ammonia patch change color, then i will continue to test again.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well day 10 and no change.. ammonia still at 2.0ppm, n02 - 0 and no3-0... yesterday I added Aquaforest Biofil
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3135.JPG

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 16 and I am now able to see the cycle started.

Ammonia 0.50
nitrites 2.0-5.0 not sure on color
nitrates - 0
PH 8.0

At this point should I add more ammonia to bump it back up to 2.0 or leave it till nitrites go back to 0?
I am going away for the weekend and don't want the bacteria to die off from not having ammonia to feed on. suggestions?
IMG_3146.JPG

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not possible for them to die off. our bac threads cover how they self feed. all they need is submersion time.

technically its been long enough now with the boosters used, if you did the full water change it can handle some bioload we like to start with.

since you are in no rush, 30 days is the correct time for you to wait after adding any ammonia, and any bottled bac, even if you just did it once totally against the directions on the bottle
you are too far in to stop cycling in other words. 30 days, done, no need to even test further. change out most or all of the old water before you start your system w some corals

qt all fish, easy easy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not possible for them to die off. our bac threads cover how they self feed. all they need is submersion time.

technically its been long enough now with the boosters used, if you did the full water change it can handle some bioload we like to start with.

since you are in no rush, 30 days is the correct time for you to wait after adding any ammonia, and any bottled bac, even if you just did it once totally against the directions on the bottle

regardless of whether or not you tested anymore, or added anything whatsoever other than water. you are too far in to stop cycling in other words. 30 days, done, no need to even test further. change out most or all of the old water before you start your system w some corals

qt all fish, easy easy.
thanks for the info.. I have not done any water changes in 3 weeks or so.I might just leave the tank as is till monday when I am back then retest and do a water change.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back