ajxackt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!
I have a fluval Evo 13.5 AIO.
My seahare decided to squeeze through the tiny hole on the AIO divider. It was alive and immediately went back to eating when i put it back in the DT (and I closed that hole again. Sneaky little seahare).

But I've noticed that its shell is exposed. Obviously it wasn't supposed to be able to fit through the tiny hole.

Is it going to die? It still makes rounds on my tank and cleans algae almost nonstop. I've read a few other threads saying that once the shell is visible, it's going to die. And frankly, I've gotten attached to this little dork.

Sorry for bad quality pics! And also for the algae... havent scraped the glass in a few days.

20211119_134816.jpg 20211119_134359.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - it is really difficult to predict how mechanical injuries will play out, and I don’t know of any treatment you could try, best of luck though!
Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Having had a few, I can tell you, once the top splits open its done. Will likely NOT release toxins but will bloat and smell.

OP
OP
A

ajxackt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all of you!
I am going to try my best to spoil this little guy and hope he's one of the lucky ones. So far, he's doing good and I'm making sure to keep my water quality on point so he has the best chance.

I didnt even know Seahares has shells until I saw it! I knew some Nudibranchs did, just not seahares.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back