Seahorse not eating

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve had 2 kuda seahorses in my tank for about 2-3 months now. They’re alone with many soft corals. I’m not 100% sure of the sex of either of them but I’m assuming the bigger one is the male. The smaller one loves feeding time and rises up to the top of the tank to greet me when I feed her. The bigger one doesn’t do that so I need to find him and give him the food that way but he still eats eagerly. Last night he stopped eating and had no interest whatsoever in the food (mysis). Today, he was very interested and went right up to the food but didn’t even attempt to eat it. He has no lesions or white marks I can see and has always been fully black like the smaller one. Sometimes they change to yellow when they’re courting each other. Parameters are okay from my tests. A:0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate:10. Thanks!

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my erectus do this periodically. Never the same one. (4 total) they all seem to take a break from eating every once in awhile. Never more than a day or two. If it continues, I'd be concerned. Kudas like the tank warmer than the temperate ponies. Silly question maybe but what ur temperature?

OP
OP
KeepSwimming12

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my erectus do this periodically. Never the same one. (4 total) they all seem to take a break from eating every once in awhile. Never more than a day or two. If it continues, I'd be concerned. Kudas like the tank warmer than the temperate ponies. Silly question maybe but what ur temperature?
Fingers crossed that’s the case cause I’d hate to think it’s anything like weak snick. I’m keeping mine at 24c right now but I’ve seen some people say 22c might be a little better.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back