Seahorse tank.

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I've been cautious about it just what you said, the 3-5x per day feedings. Are you looking at a way to automate that somehow or are you always around to keep up with that? I am by no means questioning your abilities, just curious as to how others set up their regimen to keep up with their diets and are still able to leave the tanks.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I've been cautious about it just what you said, the 3-5x per day feedings. Are you looking at a way to automate that somehow or are you always around to keep up with that? I am by no means questioning your abilities, just curious as to how others set up their regimen to keep up with their diets and are still able to leave the tanks.
I feed twice a day except when I go on vacation. Then I have my sister come once a day and feed frozen mysis and when they are finished with that then they get live ghost shrimp to hunt at their leisure.

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed once a day.
Thanks
The tank is in an Office and we are around weekdays and Saturdays .
Sunday's will be once. ( the office is very close to home )
Anyone have experience with an automated live brine shrimp feeding systems. Main feed will be Frozen Mysis though.
I note that with this supplement they mention that you soak it until the head turns red ? Any experience?
http://seahorse.com/shop/Vibrance-I.html

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used vibrance for years, but switched to different line about 8+ years ago. Was there something in particular you were wondering?

Adult horses don't eat BBS.

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used vibrance for years, but switched to different line about 8+ years ago. Was there something in particular you were wondering?

Adult horses don't eat BBS.
Thanks
I was wondering if the supplement will just wash away? I am going to give this a try.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Yes, you're right in that a lot of it washes away, but enough stays to tint them. I thought I posted what I use.... I'll have to try that again.

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just added the second girl( I think).
Very active and swimming and eating well.
I am looking for a male but not available right now.

OP
OP
Zoaeasy

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a good look today. Both horses' tails have normal colour to the tips but will keep watching

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a good look today. Both horses' tails have normal colour to the tips but will keep watching
I am very happy for you that the ponies' tails look normal. With seahorses you need to vigilantly keep an eye on any skin irregularities and be ready to QT and treat right away if something crops up. I have learned that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure however. Thats my plug to never slack off of maintenance, ha ha!

MonsterReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP setting seahorse tank tomorrow just got my Branch Rock in from bulkreefsupply purple coated been doing a lot of reading on the subject there's a lot to it I'll be starting my cycling in my tank tomorrow any advice is greatly appreciated

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP setting seahorse tank tomorrow just got my Branch Rock in from bulkreefsupply purple coated been doing a lot of reading on the subject there's a lot to it I'll be starting my cycling in my tank tomorrow any advice is greatly appreciated
Be patient, do as I say not as I do :rolleyes: and read as much as you can. I've read lots of sources and here are a few:

@vlangel here on R2R; SeaHourseSource.com ; and fusedjaw.com good luck. I'd also suggest starting your own tank thread so people can follow you and provide suggestions/support

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back