Seal Cardinalfish

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see why they can’t go into a 30 long. Not sure if they need a confirmed pair like Bangaiis, but from the info I can find online they’re peaceful and are like most other Cardinals in terms of care. Biota breeds them though earlier I checked and they don’t have any available currently.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see why they can’t go into a 30 long. Not sure if they need a confirmed pair like Bangaiis, but from the info I can find online they’re peaceful and are like most other Cardinals in terms of care. Biota breeds them though earlier I checked and they don’t have any available currently.
Any experiences?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no, I have never seen this fish for sale where I am. I’m just getting what little info I have from the internet. You’d do better to ask someone who’s actually kept them. Sorry.
All good, I’ve never met anyone with experience. I reccently saw a pair at my LFS so I’m curious :)

Upvote 0

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) Well I’d say why not? Why not give it a try and let us know? Cardinals in general aren’t difficult fish (though I know wild caught Bangaiis aren’t the most sturdy), and I really wish there were more varieties available to us other than just the run of the mill Bangaiis and Pajama .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) Well I’d say why not? Why not give it a try and let us know? Cardinals in general aren’t difficult fish (though I know wild caught Bangaiis aren’t the most sturdy), and I really wish there were more varieties available to us other than just the run of the mill Bangaiis and Pajama .
I have a single pajama cardinal (hides 24/7), do u think there will be an issue here?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch why does it hide?

I don’t think there would be too much of an issue as their body shapes are quite different. I can’t say for sure though but I’ve seen members mix species of Cardinalfish.
No idea. I've had it for about 9 months, and I bought it with another. I removed the smaller of the two about three months ago and the bigger one has been hiding ever since.

*He comes out to eat and I can always seem him - he's not MIA lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah they’re just shy I think. Was the bigger one picking on the smaller one?
Yes. It was the alpha of the tank. I removed the little one because I honestly don't like the look of pajama cardinals, and kept the bigger one because he was the peacekeeper. After removing the little Cardinal the bigger one mellowed out and my Neon goby became the Alpha, until I added clownfish which became the New Alpha. Now my alpha is a Naoko Fairy Wrasse

Upvote 0

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. :) I’d say it’s worth a try and let us know how well the Seale’s Cardinals do for you. :)

Yeah I think the Pajamas are really more for their odd and funky look and maybe their body shape more than their sheer beauty lol, but I still want to keep one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
EvanDeVita

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. :) I’d say it’s worth a try and let us know how well the Seale’s Cardinals do for you. :)

Yeah I think the Pajamas are really more for their odd and funky look and maybe their body shape more than their sheer beauty lol, but I still want to keep one.
Hahha I'd offer to give you mine but you live in Hong Kong XD

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back