KirkPatrick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
16
Location
Charleston
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading my 40 gallon reef tank to a 75 gallon reef tank. The stand that I built is 50” tall x 18.25” deep x 48.25” wide. The rimless tank brings the height up to 68” which will be great for viewing but horrible for maintenance. I will be running a 29 gallon sump with a Simplicity 240 DC Skimmer, a large fuge, a 1800 gpm return pump with a tied in UV loop returning back to the sump, two 300 watt heaters, a four gallon ATO, three wave makers, and I will reuse my SB Reef 36” Light.
I will not use no mechanical filtration, and I will begin dosing when needed.
More pictures to follow as I proceed

635D8F7C-AE2B-42C7-BABD-919E91F4329F.jpeg 7536400D-9DDE-415B-8326-F795D718E655.jpeg ADD23544-BB6A-4F90-80AF-3145AD6701A0.jpeg 908B9E2A-8572-47B9-86D6-E6B896F302D6.jpeg B2171422-9B7B-4CDB-84D3-3686DFABD041.jpeg
 
The plumbing is done. Now for the electrical and the ATO.

915B2504-34EB-46B6-B6E2-33ADA78B84C0.jpeg 032722D8-1ACC-4B1C-9A2B-6B77BF9F8511.jpeg 332C76EF-6CE1-4BCF-B700-87AF7670C289.jpeg 126BD6C1-0D46-4325-8313-B912DA1F4282.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I transferred everything over several weeks ago and it didn’t go fantastic. I lost some coral due to some unexpected perimeter fluctuations but luckily my Zoas, Acans, Hammer, and Frogspawn as well as my fish are doing well. It was strange that my three Kenya tree and four bird cage corals were really the only losses and two of the bird cages are coming back. I also changed out my return pump to a Current USA 1900 DC and I re-arranged the plumbing to quiet it down.
72D6FFBE-193C-42E4-A5D9-A7EA256E6293.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • DB77B455-4075-49FB-916A-8725D73056B8.jpeg
    DB77B455-4075-49FB-916A-8725D73056B8.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 109

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new