Sebae Clownfish infection

Raj2306

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the Sabae that I bought last week was swimming crazy since yesterday. After a closer look I see a spider web kind of white thread in its eyes and mouth and realized it's trying to get that out. Not quite sure if it's some parasites. The other one looks clean and healthy. Can someone advise what it could be infected with? Here's is the closest picture that I could get after so many clicks
IMG_20181015_091043.jpeg

OP
OP
Raj2306

Raj2306

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T

Thanks. On the fresh water dip, how long it should be done....few mins...say 2 or 3 mins. I have an equivalent of Formalin which I will use and treat in QT tank.
The fresh water dip worked!! The flukes came out and fish looks clean though one of them lost some skin on the forehead. I've put them separately on treatment, hope it recovers soon. Will update soon

OP
OP
Raj2306

Raj2306

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fresh water dip worked!! The flukes came out and fish looks clean though one of them lost some skin on the forehead. I've put them separately on treatment, hope it recovers soon. Will update soon
The flukes gone but now they have swollen eyes. I am still trying to figure out the exact reason

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parasites or bacteria infections can cause popeye.

Api general cure or ruby reef rally would probably be my first idea.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back