Second wavemaker for 20 long?

ocellarisoasis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently looking into another wavemaker for my 20 long softy reef. Rn I have a Hygger mini 2600gph on the left side of the tank. I’ve noticed it has a very wide cone and only reaches about halfway down the tank before flow dissipates. Any suggestions on wavemakers for a 30in tank? Should I add another Hygger or another brand completely? Thanks.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 long tank too and one wave maker - jebao sow-3
I run it on the second to lowest setting and it's able to create a good flow across the whole tank

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nero 3. I got one about a week ago and absolutely love it. It is very customizable. I have an IM desktop wave maker that is ok but now that I’m running the Nero I wish I had spent the extra 60 bucks.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Currently looking into another wavemaker for my 20 long softy reef. Rn I have a Hygger mini 2600gph on the left side of the tank. I’ve noticed it has a very wide cone and only reaches about halfway down the tank before flow dissipates. Any suggestions on wavemakers for a 30in tank? Should I add another Hygger or another brand completely? Thanks.
Have you tried playing with placement? Angle it towards the front glass. Place it in the middle of the back? What type of filtration do you have? Place it at the opposite end of the return?

There's a lot of different things to try, of course you could always get a second for the other end.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the sicce voyager nano for small tanks. And very inexpensive for its good quality.

If you want something controllable, I like the aquamai kps powerhead, its as small as an egg, and very powerful and completely controllable.

saltwater4life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t freak out about the sailfin lol he’s for my 150gal

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

ocellarisoasis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the replies! I unfortunately do not have gyre or nero money built in to my budget (one day). I've been looking at the sicce voyager and I think I'm going to try that one out. If it doesn't work, I can always use it for mixing water. Really just looking to eliminate dead spots on the other side of the tank and more flow at the surface.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back