Secure way to get alerts from Profilux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a secure and easy way to get alerts from the Profilux? I don't feel comfortable entering my email password into the Profilux. I have 3.1.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a secure and easy way to get alerts from the Profilux? I don't feel comfortable entering my email password into the Profilux. I have 3.1.

You could make another email name and forward those to your email you use. Or you can send texts to your phone, but would obviously have to enter your phone number.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always create a free gmail account, dedicated for just that, and send via that account.

OP
OP
H

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always create a free gmail account, dedicated for just that, and send via that account.
I have a Gmail account already and they only allow one. But, is the solution a dedicated email account? Will any email service work?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Gmail account already and they only allow one. But, is the solution a dedicated email account? Will any email service work?

I have a couple gmail accounts myself. Is it giving you trouble, or saying you can't do so?

I think some guys have used yahoo? Not 100% sure, but there should be some others that work. Still, you should be able to create another gmail account.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to enter an email account, and server, to send the email alerts from.
Which email account, if your main account, or a dedicated one, is up to you. The email service you use needs to allow SMTP connectivity though. Mind you, the P3 does not support TLS/SSL on it's on, would have to use the GHL Servers for that.

If using Gmail - just make sure to enable "less secure apps"
https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marco@GHLUSA

The new Connect app works very well - any plans to include a alarm function (with signal or sms) through the app?

I use it with port forward to my p4 in my home but as it now - its limited to one port (by default) in one network
I have 4 other installations (P3.1) inside one private network - it would be a pleasure to reach all four through port forwarding

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
H

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, setup a Yahoo email just for this, but it's not working. Has anyone gotten a Yahoo account to work?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for certain people have used Yahoo for email alerts. GHL actually suggests Yahoo or microsoft email as ones that work. It took me a while to figure it out on my profilux. Have you tried to email support? Hopefully someone will see this that knows how to setup yahoo

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I had to go through to get the notifications to work on gmail, Yahoo may have something similar?...
Awesome, I got it all working perfectly, including texts to my phone. Thank you for your help @Ditto!

I kept reading over the instructions here...
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/s...ail-sending-with-ProfiLux-4&p=76073#post76073

I had to do the unlocking gmail thing from the computer in which I have GCC installed on. The unlocking thing found in the above instructions as well as here...
https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha (when I clicked this through my phone it did not work, so I used the same computer GCC is on and had success)

Also for AT&T customers, you can send the email alerts through text using your 10 digit phone number followed by @txt.att.net. For example, 5551234567@txt.att.net.

OP
OP
H

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I still can't get Yahoo to work. I don't see anything promising in the email settings to change.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a yahoo user, however it appears that Yahoo only allows TLS/SSL connections to send email. If so, then the PL3 will not send natively, without enabling to send it through the GHL servers.

OP
OP
H

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a yahoo user, however it appears that Yahoo only allows TLS/SSL connections to send email. If so, then the PL3 will not send natively, without enabling to send it through the GHL servers.
I've done that, but it still isn't working.

OP
OP
H

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back