Seesaw Algae Turf Scrubber

  • Thread starter Thread starter Koolaid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
How much is too much, and when should I scrap the surface off?
those big clumps are blocking light so you can just pull those off (literally) and then rinse the detritus off the screen - looks like there is quite a bit.

I still am of the opinion that it needs to be roughed up to hold on to the large masses of algae long term, if you add some kind of netting or floss under it I think you'll find you are getting quite a bit of algae letting go as the screen grows thick like that.
 
How your scrbber going??
It's been working very well, sorry for not being active on Reef2Reef. Been busy lately with making a career change and my wife and I had a baby girl on July 4th at 5:28pm.

20160705_141349.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new