Semi-aggressive reef 75g stocking

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellas, so post tank crash, I’ve decided to rethink the stocking list a bit. Unfortunately, I lost my rareish pair of allard’s clowns which are pretty much the only clowns I truly enjoy. I would like to have everything in the tank to have a little bit of temper because most of the fish I can’t live without are semi aggressive, thus peaceful fish usually gets bullied and picked on.

My tank is 75 gallons with a decent amount of swimming space and caves and overhangs.

Will the following fare well together?:

-2 Ocellaris/clarkii clownfish
-1 bristletooth tang
-1 blue throat trigger
-1 longnose hawkfish
-1 damselfish
-1 dottyback/basslet (are basslets okay with these?)
-1 radiant wrasse

Only real problem here is that I already have the bristletooth and BTT in the qt, thus messing up the establishment order

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the aggression scale, I'd probably place the dottyback/basslet and radiant wrasse further down the list. They'll probably get along being different species - but it really depends on the "jerk" component of the other fish. If you want an absolute a*hole of a fish - get a yellow belly damselfish.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the trigger be ok in a 75? I would love to add one in mine, I've got a 90 so it's basically the same size just abit taller. I love triggers,

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add the meanest stuff last to aid in aggression.

Dottybacks can be SOBs so which one is very relevant. A Steene's dottyback for example...hid your kids, hide your wife

Goby Bryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trigger will kill all smaller fish over time, and 75g may be too small for a trigger

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back